Paring Head Set / Phone- RIDER 42 — TomTom Community

Paring Head Set / Phone- RIDER 42

EngelseBoerEngelseBoer Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited November 2018 in RIDER
Have just bought Rider 42
Have Samsung Galaxy X4 Zoom phone
This is apparently paired now to the TomTom, but I get no notification on screen of incoming calls or messages

Phone is paired to "Smart Headset" - which are Bluetooth in-ear speakers
these do work with the phone and I receive audible notification of calls and messages

I am however unable to pair the headset to the TomTom - so get no audio from the TomTom either

Seems TomTom cannot find the speakers.

This is not exactly a handsfree headset - as there is no mic attached - so I cannot accept a call - but at least I know one is there

I would like them paired to the TomTom too.

So it's really two issues
1 - TomTom does not notify me of incoming call
2 - TomTom not able to give audible instruction to headset as it cannot find the headset to pair with

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 748
    Superuser
    To use the hands free feature, a headset AND a smartphone must be paired with the Rider, and let the Rider to fully sync the address book.

The pairings must be:
    1. Rider - headset
    2. Rider - smartphone
    A 3rd pairing between the headset and the smartphone may have unpredictable results.

It seems that your headset doesn’t support the HFP Bluetooth profile. I guess it supports only A2DP (for music).

Messages (SMS, instant messaging etc) are supported only by the latest Rider 50/550.
  • EngelseBoerEngelseBoer Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I don't know...
    Support Compatible with iphone, Samsung, Sony, HTC and Android IOS Smartphone

It's a True Wireless Earbuds, Mini Wireless Headphones Bluetooth 4.2 Headsets In Ear Sport Earphones

not trying to pair to a 3rd item - only a second
    Even with my phone pairing disconnected and bluetooth off - Rider 42 cannot find them

so I guess it is as you say

But the other issue is that Rider 42, although paired to my phone does not show incoming call as per product description/advertisement

hummm - looking at a video now - seems I must first download the MyDrive app onto my phone for those features to work
    Superuser
    A headset is necessary to enable that. If there is no headset paired to the Rider you can not use that feature at all.
    yeah so back to the same issue
    thanks
    Superuser
    You’ve to purchase a headset that supports headset profile.

Some compatible headsets:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19054/~/headset-compatibility-for-tomtom-rider
    thanks