TomTom Home- GO 720 - No connection to TomTom HOME — TomTom Community

TomTom Home- GO 720 - No connection to TomTom HOME

TomTom informed me that they are no longer providing map updates for my GO 720. This I have accepted as I can understand that technology has moved on and my device no longer has the capacity needed. I was told I can continue to use the device but it will become outdated. However, from that moment I also find I cannot use TomTom Home to connect to my GO 720 and plan my journeys etc. This useful function was used a lot and I cannot see why this function was withdrawn other than to try to force customers to buy a new device. For me it has had the opposite effect. I am looking at the competition.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    1) Uninstall TomTom Home

2) Download last "good" version from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe

3) Install it without running ie, uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes

4) Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file

5) Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.9.94.450"

6) Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.9.94.450 and therefore not pull the update.