Can runner watch have "cycle" mode added to save having to change sport ? — TomTom Community

Can runner watch have "cycle" mode added to save having to change sport ?

Tom kemishTom kemish Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I got second hand and only use for cycling an perfect except not having a cycle mode on watch. Surely there are many others in same situation and to just add a mode can't be that hard in software. Please consider in software releases as for most cyclists GPS alone is adequate.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,347
    Superusers
    No it cannot, as it is a Runner watch, designed for running only (hence the name). If you wanted cycling you should have bought a MultiSport (or better yet a recent Spark model). The Runner was marketed specifically for running without added sports modes at a lower price. To get the extra sports modes you would have had to pay more. They are not going to change this for several reasons: first, the watch has been out of production for years; second, they are not going to give away for free functionality that they charge more for; and finally and most importantly. TT is out of the watch business altogether and is no longer producing new devices. Any updates go forward will be bug fixes for the latest models only (and even that may be limited - it has been over nine months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (and particularly for a 5 year old out of production watch).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.