lost my radar!- perfect image of the curving of the road — TomTom Community

lost my radar!- perfect image of the curving of the road

DemonkDemonk Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
I went from a rider2 to a rider 450. The old system gave a perfect image of the curving of the road. It was like radar. When riding in the woods with no clear view around the corner you knew exactly what to expect (the cornering of the road of coarse) . With the 450 a straight line may even have some nasty curves in the road. Is was perfect on the old system. Why did they change it and can i go back to the old graphics?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,681
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Demonk

Do you Ride using the 3D or 2D view
    I always use 2D (Rotate in direction of travel)
    With the Automatic Zoom set to 'Base on road type'

ATB YFM
  • DemonkDemonk Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I tried both. Do you know the rider2? You could exactly see how sharp the curves were.
    I was very precise. You could already pick the right gear when you aproached a corner that you could not oversee.
    Is it possible to make it zoom-in more on automatic zoom?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,681
    Superusers
    Hi

You only have the two Zoom options
    Zoom 'Into next Turn'
    Zoom 'Based on road type' (Have you tried this option)
    Plus manually adjusting the zoom with the + & - Buttons

It was perfect once, but the car lobby wanted a more zoomed out overview to monitor traffic delays

We did try to have a different default zoom level for Motorcycles but the request fell on deaf ears

ATB YFM
    I have tried both options. You are right, it was perfect once. Maybe we have to put the request again through different channels.
    Thanks for the feed-back. Now i don't have to try anymore.
  • EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    Hi

Whilst the tomtom may be an aid to riding I would not depend on any model to gauge the severity of a bend or what the out of sight road may do The present devices display are a little less informative than the preceding rider devices ( 1-5 and I have used them all ) but I would never ever depend on any sat nav to gauge the way I ride a road. (I value my life and I don't mend as easy as I used too)
    I agree. But still its Always good to know whats ahead. No suprises when the bend is much sharper then you woold amagine. In the woods you can anticipate on a sharp corner but still be suprised when is goes 180 degrees. (driving 31 years without any accident and like to keep it that way :)