obstruction while riding track — TomTom Community

obstruction while riding track

DemonkDemonk Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
When i import a track from Tyre it is not possible to use the option obstruction. This makes it very hard to get around a roadblock. Solution? I make almost all my routes in Tyre

Comments

• ztech6ztech6 Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Are you importing a gpx or itn ?
    I think you need itn for that function.
  • DemonkDemonk Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    i use GPX. In this case someone send me the GPX. I will try to convert it into ITN in Tyre and try it. But i guess when i use itn it uses waypoints with the problem that the Rider wants to send you back every time you (nearly) missed a point. Offcoarse you can delete this point.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 753
    Superuser
    You’ve to use routes (ITN), not tracks (GPX) for that. A route must contain only the places - waypoints you want to visit. The route will be calculated according to the route settings, statistics for that time, and any Live Traffic events.

You may need some intermediate waypoints if you want to guide the navigation software to follow a more specific route.

A waypoint can be deleted permanently or skipped if you don’t want to visit it... But it can be difficult with the lack of labels...
    It works with ITN. A problem is that you don't drive the same route as the Garmin drivers.
    It depends on the ways you connect the point (fastest, shortest etc.)The old rider accepted not more then 50 waypoints. I don't know how muchs the 450 accepts. I hope that the recalculation is also quicker with the waypoints. With tracks its very slow when you miss a turn. I think its has to recalculate the complete track in stead of the short track to the next waypoint. I wonder why its not possible to use "obstruction" on tracks. That would be perfect.
    Superuser
    Conceptually, a track is a record of where you have been that can be used in the future to design a route, or replay it as it is.

Currently ITN on the rider supports up to 255 locations. Carefull placement of intermediate waypoints at key positions will limit significantly their number.

Also note that a track doesn't guarantee that you will be able to follow them, because the maps can be different, and TomTom doesn't do off-roading...

The perfect tool to create routes that can work on different maps is MyRoute-App. It allows you to compare your route on every available map today.
    Tanks for the reply. Still i don't understand why is chould not be possible to go around a roadblock when its on your track. On my last trip it happened 3 times. You have to sort it out yourselve or don't use tracks anymore. Still i prefer tracks while its more accurate.
    Superuser
    It’s a matter of personal preference and needs...

A route with the necessary waypoints can be as accurate as a track.