Tomtom rider 550 won’t start up again after. — TomTom Community

Tomtom rider 550 won’t start up again after.

AcsbergAcsberg Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
My tomtom rider 550 was showing battery level in red even after showing that it was charging for 8hrs. I reset it, still showed red level. So I factory reset. Now it won’t turn on.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,681
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Acsberg

Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 3Hrs preferably with a Mains USB Charger
    If your device is still showing the battery level in the red... Leave the device connected to the power supply when executing Drum roll restart

Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • AcsbergAcsberg Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Yes, I tried the drum roll restart it’s like it doesn’t quite get there. Like just before it would mak the sound it quits. I’ll try taking it outside and see if that works.
    I took it outside, walked it around a bit while trying to start it. nothing.

I think I might have to send it for warranty, seems like power supply or battery is messed up.

this unit has been a headache right from the start.
    So it finally started up, but does not hold a charge, even after a full night plugged in, works great while plugged in, as soon as it's unplugged "shutting down" appears on the screen, then if I try and turn it back on without plugging it in it just shows empty red battery on the screen.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,681
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Acsberg

Its obviously still under warrantee

Ring Support....

:flag_ca: Canada (en)
    +1 877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST

:flag_ca: Canada (fr)
    +1 888 301 0690
    lundi-vendredi: 06h00-11h30 EDT