Live services unavailable- Error "Oops. We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try

ClareD
ClareD Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
For the second time this week I am unable to access Live services, update my TomTom or connect to MyDrive via the device. I just keep getting a message that says "Oops. We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try later." This has been going on for several hours already today. I have had to update to this satnav despite my old one being perfectly serviceable because of your built-in obsolescence. If these downtimes continue it will have proved to be a complete waste of money.

Comments

• ClareD
    Apprentice Traveler
    I found the phone number. Spent half an hour doing a hard reset only to be told that the problem is their end and I should try again in two hours! Absolutely furious. Bad enough that the thing hasn't worked for three hours, but rather than admit that there is a problem they have wasted my time and theirs in pointless fixes. And deleted all my saved places and settings (despite trying to tell me that a hard reset wouldn't delete any of my settings). What an absolute shower!!
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,790
    Superuser
    Hi
    @ClareD

If you have executed a Full reset...
    You may need to Log back in to MyDrive on the device...

MyDrive menu path....
    NAV4... Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive...
    NAV5 (Wi-fi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive...

If you created a MyDrive Web Route planner Account all of your saved MyPlaces, POIs and saved Routes should re-sync with your device

ATB YFM
  • ClareD
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes, I did all of this and the operator eventually admitted that the issue was with TomTom's server. It is now seemingly updating ok.
  • Ledge19
    Ledge19 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    May be a bit late, but I had this problem and the only way I could fix it was to change my password. As soon as I did that, away it went. I was abouut 5 seconds from hurling the tomtom through the window...
  • Kevin D.
    Kevin D. Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Have been getting the message 'service unavailable ' for live traffic now for alot of the time. Is there anyone I can contact to sort this problem out?
    Thanks.
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,718
    Superuser
    Hi Kevin D

You can call Support
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

for other Countrys you can look here:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1