Transfer saved places från Rider 400 to Rider 550? — TomTom Community

Transfer saved places från Rider 400 to Rider 550?

SuperMekSuperMek Posts: 45 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Hi all!

Any possibility to transfer my saved places in my Rider 400 to my newly bought Rider 550? I have tried MyRout web app but failed. Anyone with any suggestions?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,222
    Superusers
    Hi
    @SuperMek

Use the same Email address and Password In the MyDrive Menu on both devices
    I have the same same Email address and Password across all of my NAV4/5(Wi-Fi) devices

ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Hi
    @SuperMek

As stated above....
    On the Rider 550 Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu)--> Setting --> 'MyDrive' menu... Register the device using the same Password and Email address as the Rider 400

The data will automatically sync to both devices

Important be aware... If both units are likely to be in operation at the same time
    See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/three-go-600-s-and-mydrive-sync-1026193/index1.html#post1180163

ATB YFM
  • DannyboyDannyboy Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have used the same email address and password for my current devices rider 400 and rider 550. So today I will ride to my first call by Tomtom 550 and then swap to Rider 400 as the second address I want is located in the Rider 400 and I cannot search on Rider 550 by postcode. The last time I rode there they talked me in on the telephone so when I stopped I clicked the arrow on Rider 400 and SAVE and ADD to my places.
    I just downloaded MyDrive to see if that gave a way When I get there today I will change to Rider 550 and Click SAVE and ADD to my places. What about the places I have saved in Austria or Switzerland Italy France Ireland etc
    regards John
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Dannyboy
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a search mode... Select the far superior 'Quick search' option
    when searching for Postcodes the Step by Step search mode can be a pain
    See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/ask-a-question-469/post-codes-1040943/index1.html#post1240032

(2)... The MyDrive Web Route planner will Display/List ALL of your MyPlaces across the World map and in MyPlaces

MYDrive Web Route planner... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

ATB YFM
  • DannyboyDannyboy Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    YAMFAZMAN you have cut my question into parts and processed the parts. I am now replying in parts for clarity.
    1. I can search by postcode on my Rider 550.
    2. I have some places saved on my Rider 400 and not enough other details to define on 550 ok maybe zoom maps on both and click as close as I can
    3. rider 400 has multi country map as standard
    4. rider 550 has multi country map as standard
    5. I just went to https://mydrive.tomtom.com and it has all the rider 550 MyPlaces I think. but none of the 400 and I tried the search with a name from 400 and it wasn't found, lots of similar names round the world but not the one I have used.
    6. when I arrive at places of interest I click on the blue arrow and mark it and then add to my places I. Then don't need any other references it gets me there or got me there on an old version but then I get back to carrying the 400 as a spare
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Dannyboy

Did you check the Rider 550 to see if the the Step by Step search mode has been selected... If 'Yes'
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a search mode... Select the far superior 'Quick search' option

Also in the Step by Step Mode the searches are Country by Country, you have to select the Country (Screen top right is the flag of the Country being searched)
    You have to tap the Countries flag to change the search area

Check you are still Logged into MyDrive on both devices... To sync the MyPlaces across all of your devices MyDrive need to be logged in...
    NAV4 devices... Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services... MyDrive
    NAV5(Wifi) Devices... Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> MyDrive

Important be aware... If both units are likely to be in operation at the same time
    See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/three-go-600-s-and-mydrive-sync-1026193/index1.html#post1180163

ATB YFM
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,879
    Superuser
    @Dannyboy

To transfer from your 400 to your 550 see this video
    [video]