Sync question

Mirceadanc
Mirceadanc Registered Users Posts: 18
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi

for my TT adventurer -why my watch does not detect automatically my phone?each time when I take the phone too far and then I bring them back again,each time I need to re -pair it with my phone.why s this happening?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    Because the software is not very good. You can try a factory reset and see if that helps but connectivity has always been spotty on these devices and the latest updates just made it worse (breaking it altogether in some case). If the reset does not help you can request a rollback to Version 1.3.255 before the updates broke connectivity.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Mirceadanc
    Mirceadanc Registered Users Posts: 18
    Apprentice Seeker
    How can I request the old version 1.3.255?
    Do you think they will stop all updates /bug fixing for our watches?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    Mirceadanc wrote:
    How can I request the old version 1.3.255?
    Do you think they will stop all updates /bug fixing for our watches?
    I gave you the link in my first response. As to updating, I imagine updates are done, we will just see bug fixes from mow on. As to how long that will last, who knows? Since the software will not be changing there will theoretically be no new bugs to fix.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.