TomTom Spark bluetooth stopped working

DerbyladDerbylad Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
Hi All,
I have a TomTom Spark watch. Over the past 6 months QuickGPS has been difficult to update via bluetooth, mostly I have had to connect via cable to my Mac to update.
Over the last few months I have started to experience the same problem with updating my activities. This past week it has stopped updating completely via Bluetooth.
Today, I reset the watch to factory settings and it will not pair with my iPhone SE. The bluetooth is working fine on my phone so it is a problem with the watch.
I have read that the problem is well known and is a software issue. Apparently the only way to resolve is to revert to an older software version. Can anyone advise me how to do this? I have emailed TomTom but have had no reply.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,208 [Superusers]
    You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: factory reset the watch (which you did), uninstall the app (you can probably skip this the first time), remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app (only if you uninstalled the app), select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

If you did not update the firmware on the watch the known issue should not be impacting you. Just in case, here is the link to request a rollback:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

And next time take a direct approach and call them. Emails are placed in a queue and easily ignored.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DerbyladDerbylad Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thank you for the reply.

I completed the steps above but, initially it didn't work. I then repeated the steps but I also shut down and restarted the phone before trying to pair the watch with my phone. This worked in pairing. After tomorrows run I will see if it now syncs. If not, I will follow the link to the roll back request.
  • DerbyladDerbylad Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I'm pleased to report, that after this mornings run, my watch synced and uploaded my activity perfectly. In fact, every time I open the App it connects to my watch and starts updating. So worth a try if you have the same problem. Follow the steps above from tfarabaugh but make sure you shut down and re start your phone before trying to pair your watch.