Go Mobile app lost contacts — TomTom Community

Go Mobile app lost contacts

kazfewkazfew Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
OK so I have not used the app in a few months but now the apps does not load any contacts what so ever ? I understand that contact addresses are a real issue but this is different as now I cannot search any of my phones contacts.
I did download the newest north american map and the phone does auto updates.
any ideas about this break ?
sad because it was kinda working for me until now

Comments

• AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @kazfew,

There are 2 places you can check.

First in My Places under contacts.

Can you see the list there?

574c9d44-2331-49fa-b5c8-45a91fef1244.jpg

also do you have it truned on to show on the map.

daa0a79d-88e0-44de-a933-da10fd0f5615.jpg

On the map you will not see them unless you increase the size of the zooming in a lot of cases.

I have never gotten the item Menu, Search, Contacts to show me anything.

It only works if you type a contact in then a window will open up to show some contacts.

I hope this will help you out.....
  • kazfewkazfew Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes I have discovered that contacts can be on the map. My issue is that search contatcs used to work for me. Many times the address would be greyed out but for 99% of my USA contacts there were no issues ....... I wish I was a great coder and fix it myself because my guess this kinda thing is low priority
  • IanS100IanS100 Posts: 302 [Supreme Navigator]
    I think everything GO related is low priority because TomTom certainly don't seem to be doing much with it.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Asprin624 wrote:
    I have never gotten the item Menu, Search, Contacts to show me anything
    Search works without any problem.

5735e7ce-f6dc-44ae-9198-59f513b0cef8.jpg72c8f9ef-a424-4609-9cf7-0f00a847d46f.jpg
  • IanS100IanS100 Posts: 302 [Supreme Navigator]
    My contact search is unpredictable, sometimes I have no contacts while at other times I have all contacts, and then sometimes contacts appear to be there yet the one I'm looking for is missing completely. It's the only app I have that demonstrates this behaviour so it's yet another aspect of GO that needs attention.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @EthoZ,

What I was trying to say is when you open this window it does not list contacts.

You first have to type something in.

If it were to list the contacts and to save time if you start to type Merkel it would jump to that list contacts and as you kept trying it then would remove all but what you are looking for.