Longevity of app.....? — TomTom Community

Longevity of app.....?

Ajw123Ajw123 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi i was thinking of buying my son the same watch i have but waa wondering if production has stpped etc is the app and everything going to keep running long enough for it to be worth it? Or are they going to close it down?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,525
    Superusers
    Since TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and has now recalled all inventory from the US and is not even selling any devices in their largest market), we can safely assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over nine months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves). At this point they are legacy devices and while the app will probably continue running for a while, nothing will change on it. You may want to consider going with another brand from a company that is actively in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.