What NAV version does iOS GO Mobile use?

PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 302 [Exalted Navigator]
Hi,

I know that in the past there were NAV2, NAV3, and NAV4 but what is the current application (or base code), is it NavKit?

As far as I know, there are three platforms: PND; Android; and iOS. Their GUIs all look very similar but do they all share the same base code?

The reason I ask is because PNDs and Android can use POIs with MyDrive (iOS can't) and in addition you can allegedly show POI icons on TomTom GO Android.

So if all three platforms share the same code, why is the iOS GO Mobile app so undeveloped when compared to say the Android version?

Regards,
Robert.

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    ... in addition you can allegedly show POI icons on TomTom GO Android.
    .. . but not really.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 302 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi EthoZ
    EthoZ wrote:
    .. . but not really.

I did say 'allegedly' :wink: but that's based on the following post in the Android section of the TomTom forum (March 2017):

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-android-156/installing-poi-sets-on-go-mobile-1019598

The above thread indicates that Android users can show POI icons on TomTom GO Mobile Android.

However, in addition to the fact that Android users are allegedly able to show POI icons, the three platforms (PND, Android, and iOS) of GO all look very similar (by design) so it should follow that all platforms are capable of doing the same functions.

Unfortunately iOS GO is the least developed platform and you can't even use custom POIs with MyDrive at all - despite both v1.10.1 of iOS GO and v2.3.0 iOS MyDrive having been released in the last week.

Regards,