Probably Bug found in 1.7.64 Software

RunningPig
RunningPig Registered Users Posts: 18
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I posted earlier that I found changes to my distances after my Spark 3 syncs with the android app. I have more information that suggests this is a bug.

Since I upgraded my watch to 1.7.64, I noticed that distances were being added to all of my runs in the android app compared to what the watch showed at completion. For example:
Watch: 10.06 miles
App: 10.14 miles

Nearly two weeks ago I completed my third full marathon. Before the race started, I decided to disable auto-pause on the watch. Since I did this, every single run (the marathon and two 5-mile runs) shows the exact same distances in the app and the watch.

I'll re-enable the auto pause feature before my next run tomorrow, but I'm confident that's what's going on. When auto pause is on, it always adds distance to the total in the app (and on the tomtom site) but the original distance in the watch remains.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Does it do it when you physically pause the watch or only when auto pause is on? You are right, it sounds like auto pause is factoring out the time when it senses you are paused but not the distance (which theoretically should be zero but people do move when paused). Alternatively, it may be that the watch is not tabulating enough distance.

Ultimately I fear it may not matter either way and may never be corrected. TT has gone out of the watch business and laid off its entire Sports staff so I am not sure who is left to fix it (it took over ix months to fix the last bad update and it is still not 100%). TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.
  • RunningPig
    Outstanding Explorer
    I was using manual pause during my two 5 mile runs, and this did not happen. It only happens when automatic paused is enabled on the watch.

If TT isn't going to support/improve their product, I wish they'd at least make their wearables code public domain, so somebody else could take it over.
  • RunningPig
    Outstanding Explorer
    FYI, the latest Android app (10.0.2) fixes this particular bug. Watch and app distances are exactly the same after a 5.16 mile run today.