Export from Runner 1.8.52 with TomTom app on desktop? — TomTom Community

Export from Runner 1.8.52 with TomTom app on desktop?

LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
Is there no way to do a simple export of my data (distance, time, date, etc) to, say, a .csv file so I can use it in a spreadsheet?

Comments

  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    You can get that data from MySports. Go into the activity, select Share and then choose the file type you want under Download. You can also set it up under Apps & Exporting so that it creates the data file on your computer, but this only works if you sync via computer.

    I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I'm afraid I don't know what MySports is? I did manage to find the Share view in the computer app, there's a list of apps to export to and a Save to Your Computer section at the bottom. I selected .csv and hit Resume, and the button changes to Pause but I don't know what it's doing, the button just stays on Pause. Is it saving the file somewhere that I can access with Excel? If so, it's not clear what is going on - where is the file? How long does it take? How to know when it's done?

    At the top of the section it says "Your activities will be saved when you connect your TomTom device to your computer and open TomTom Sports Connect." Saved automatically? If so where? My watch is connected but I don't know what TomTom Sports Connect is.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Very confusing app. I went to Manage Account and chose Download All of Your Data and it downloaded a bunch of GPX files in a .zip file. I chose .csv files for the download format as I described above. It's really not clear how to control what the app is doing.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    No solution for this problem? Won't download in .csv format. Says it should.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Liazard wrote:
    I'm afraid I don't know what MySports is? I did manage to find the Share view in the computer app, there's a list of apps to export to and a Save to Your Computer section at the bottom. I selected .csv and hit Resume, and the button changes to Pause but I don't know what it's doing, the button just stays on Pause. Is it saving the file somewhere that I can access with Excel? If so, it's not clear what is going on - where is the file? How long does it take? How to know when it's done?

    At the top of the section it says "Your activities will be saved when you connect your TomTom device to your computer and open TomTom Sports Connect." Saved automatically? If so where? My watch is connected but I don't know what TomTom Sports Connect is.
    MySports is the website that tracks all of your activities. You cannot get file downloads from the phone app. Go to the activities list (https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activities/), pick your activity, click the share icon at the bottom right and then click csv in the pop-up. You will be prompted to save the file to your computer. Select a location and save it.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Go to the activities list (https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activities/), pick your activity, click the share icon at the bottom right and then click csv in the pop-up. You will be prompted to save the file to your computer. Select a location and save it.

    OK, part of the problem is you seem to be seeing stuff I'm not seeing. Since the app is online I don't see how we could be using different versions. In Activities I see a list of runs going back to when I bought the watch in April. There's no share icon at the bottom right or anywhere else that I can see. This is on a Windows computer, not a phone.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    If I click on an individual run it brings up a window with a share icon in the bottom LEFT. This icon works but it only downloads data for that one run.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    If I go into my Profile > Settings > Apps & Exporting > Save to Your Computer > File, I can choose a file type. I have .csv selected. It says it's connected although I'm not sure what that means (connected to the watch? connected to the app? computer?). There's a Pause button but I'm in the dark as to what it does. I've tried it both ways (button on Pause and button on Resume) and it still doesn't seem to work, meaning I do not see a way to download my run data.

    None of the above is explained anywhere that I can find. I'm not sure if these settings control downloading that I request from someplace else within the app or if this is where I'm supposed to actually do a download.

    I've been messing around with it occasionally for several weeks and I still don't have a list of runs except in the app.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    As I said earlier, at the top of the File section of the Settings page there is a message:

    "Your activities will be saved when you connect your TomTom device to your computer and open TomTom Sports Connect."

    What does this cryptic statement mean? Saved where? Does saved mean downloaded? Where? Sports Connect opens any time I connect my watch.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Liazard wrote:
    As I said earlier, at the top of the File section of the Settings page there is a message:

    "Your activities will be saved when you connect your TomTom device to your computer and open TomTom Sports Connect."

    What does this cryptic statement mean? Saved where? Does saved mean downloaded? Where? Sports Connect opens any time I connect my watch.
    The steps you listed are to have a csv file created every time you sync, which requires you to sync by computer. It will save a file to your computer in a dated folder under C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom Sports\Spark3 . This will only happen go forward, it will not download existing activities, for that you need to follow my instructions to go into the activity on the MySports website to get a csv file for an existing activity.

    I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:


    download existing activities, for that you need to follow my instructions to go into the activity on the MySports website to get a csv file for an existing activity.

    Maybe you missed my message above and copied below? It appears the primary problem now is that I don't have the Share icon on my Activities screen. What am I missing here?
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Go to the activities list (https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activities/), pick your activity, click the share icon at the bottom right and then click csv in the pop-up. You will be prompted to save the file to your computer. Select a location and save it.
    OK, part of the problem is you seem to be seeing stuff I'm not seeing. Since the app is online I don't see how we could be using different versions. In Activities I see a list of runs going back to when I bought the watch in April. There's no share icon at the bottom right or anywhere else that I can see. This is on a Windows computer, not a phone.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Liazard wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:

    download existing activities, for that you need to follow my instructions to go into the activity on the MySports website to get a csv file for an existing activity.
    Maybe you missed my message above and copied below? It appears the primary problem now is that I don't have the Share icon on my Activities screen. What am I missing here?

    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Go to the activities list (https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activities/), pick your activity, click the share icon at the bottom right and then click csv in the pop-up. You will be prompted to save the file to your computer. Select a location and save it.
    OK, part of the problem is you seem to be seeing stuff I'm not seeing. Since the app is online I don't see how we could be using different versions. In Activities I see a list of runs going back to when I bought the watch in April. There's no share icon at the bottom right or anywhere else that I can see. This is on a Windows computer, not a phone.
    Are clicking on one of those activities to open it? that is where the share icon is, not on the main screen. You are sharing a specific activity, not all of them, so you have to select one first.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    What exactly is an "activity"? An individual "run" for example? You're saying it will only download one run at a time? And even if it's set to download automatically, it puts each run in a separate dated file?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Liazard wrote:
    What exactly is an "activity"? An individual "run" for example? You're saying it will only download one run at a time? And even if it's set to download automatically, it puts each run in a separate dated file?
    This is not that difficult. An activity is just that, a single activity, could be a run, could be cycling, could be swimming. If you have it set to download a csv automatically to your computer and sync by computer it will save the file in a folder with that day's date. If you want to download a csv of an activity that you did not sync by computer you need to go into MySports, click on the activity you want to download, click on Share and select CSV. You will be prompted where to save it.

    It is really that simple. If you can't figure it out yourself from the many instructions given, call Support and maybe they can figure out how to help you. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

    I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    So it's not possible to download a list of runs with summary stats for each one, one run/date on each row of a spreadsheet. So you have to download one run at a time.

    Not very useful really. But thanks for your persistence. What are the units on the numbers in the columns (and why doesn't it say)?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    No, you can get a csv of the detailed data for each activity (HR by second, GPs coordinates, etc.), there is no way to export a report.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Distance and speed? Do you know what the units are?
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Oops I marked my last question as the solution. Can it be undone?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Liazard wrote:
    Distance and speed? Do you know what the units are?
    It is all in metric, so km and km/hr.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Liazard wrote:
    Distance and speed? Do you know what the units are?
    It is all in metric, so km and km/hr.
  • LiazardLiazard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    It is all in metric, so km and km/hr.

    That can't be right, unless I did over 3200 km my last run. It must be meters.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Liazard wrote:
    It is all in metric, so km and km/hr.

    That can't be right, unless I did over 3200 km my last run. It must be meters.
    Sorry, you are correct, I meant meters.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0