No turn by turn instructions on s8 plus though it says arrival time when I plan rout — TomTom Community

No turn by turn instructions on s8 plus though it says arrival time when I plan rout

MrjohnnyhMrjohnnyh Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
Tomtom on s8 plus not giving me turn by turn instructions but says arival time then no further sound .sound is on can some one help please as tomtom customer service very poor

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    7387efe9-5acf-4857-8bce-0e1c0934bf21.jpg
  • MrjohnnyhMrjohnnyh Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    No I have sound on but not giving turn instructions
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,860
    Superuser
    @Mrjohnnyh

Which "voice" are you using to give the instructions?
    Nothing more I can do.i used my phone in my mates car and it works great.so it must be something to do with my car it has morrow link but I have not connected to morrow link so I will try tuning of blue tooth and we if that works will update later today but I do appreciate all your help thank you
    Ps when I plan a rout I did it in the house and got a rival time spoken then when in car no more sound so above makes things a possibility will up date you all later
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @Mrjohnnyh,

Are you saying that there no problem with the phone?
    That you hear the voice instructions.

That this has all to do with a Bluetooth connection connection in your car?

Seeing that it works in your friends car.
    Is it over Bluetooth or not?

As for MirrorLink it will only work with Google map app and Waze map app.

What I am trying to say here is the more info you give up front the better help can be.

Just saying your s8 plus has a problem when there is more too this than your s8 plus.
    Hello I have found the problem when in my car tomtom only works if I turn off blue tooth on the phone when blue tooth on my phone is on i get no sound
    Any idea's anyone
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Does Handsfree calling and receiving calls over Bluetooth work?

If so you need to check the settings in TomTomGO.

If all that is OK Then you need to explain to the Support Team all what you have done.

Seeing that you said it works in your friends car with no problems at all.

If it does not work with handsfree then there is a problem with the car radio.....
    Yes it worked in my friends car but it was not connected to his blue tooth. When in my car Citroen berlingo with morrow link. I no it won't work with morrow link so I don't use the usb port that connects to morrow link just the normal cigarette charger I receive phone calls with blue tooth turned on but no tomtom turn by turn sound
    Thanks for all your help
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 48 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    This problem of disappearing audio nav instructions has been discussed before and is not confined to any one make of phone. It often occurs on my Nexus 6, running the latest version of TT GO, not using Bluetooth. The symptoms are the same - announces arrival times and then refuses to give audio navigation instructions. Another contributor found that if he/she changed the units setting, quit and re-started the app, changed the setting back to that required (eg I use mine in auto mode) then the voice instructions re-appeared. And no, I have no idea why this works, but it has (usually) worked for me.

I've also found that if a navigation instruction clashes with a speed camera warning, then quite often this will 'kill' the audio nav instructions. Not always, which is puzzling.