Updating with Google PIxelbook — TomTom Community

Updating with Google PIxelbook

oscar366313oscar366313 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
I have a Google PIxelbook and I am unable to download the TomTom Sports app as it apparently only for Windows and Mac. I can usually download the Android version of apps, but the app store says the version of the TomTom app is not supported. Is there any way to update without installing the app? Or are there plans to make a compatible app for Google?

I'm using a TomTom Spark 3 with HR and Music

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    The watch requires a computer (PC or Mac) in order to register, install updates, perform resets, etc., not a Chromebook or Pixelbook or other device using a mobile operating system. The android app is intended for phones and is not compatible with all devices, particularly those not running a straight Android OS. there is nothing you can do and there are no plans for any new apps, considering that TT has already gone out of the watch business and is no longer producing devices. Anything from here on is going to be bug fixes only. Without a compatible phone or computer the watch is useless as you will not be able to sync it which means the storage will fill up in days and it will be bricked.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.