TomTom Go on Android Erisin in car multimedia device, map transfer — TomTom Community

TomTom Go on Android Erisin in car multimedia device, map transfer

VasilisVasilis Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hello,

I have been using tomtom on my android phone for about 12 years now and i'm extremely happy with everything apart from the fact that my phone's screen is small :)

So I bought an Android 7.1 in car multimedia display and I have installed tomtom Go and it works brilliantly bt my problem is that I have no way of downloading maps to it. I have used my phone's data to download the UK maps because they were not that big but I need to rransfer the Europe map which is 7,8Gbytes to it because i'm going on a euro roadtrip in the summer. I have the maps in my phone because I downloaded them through wi-fi at home and I have tried finding a wifi hotspot to park my car near and do the same for the car but it's just ridiculously slow.

So my question is this:
Can I somehow transfer the europe maps from one android device to another? From my phone to te car?

I have of course tried simply copying the folder /Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/data/maps
but was not recognized.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Vasilis wrote:
    Can I somehow transfer the europe maps from one android device to another? From my phone to te car?
    No, you can not.
  • kempsmjkempsmj Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I wanted to do exactly the same. Downloading in the car is no option (even when I have a Wifi connection, parked at home), because it is too slow and I would need to leave the engine running four hours (or my battery will die).
    When there is no option at all to download the maps on another device to a memory card and then transfer them to the car, I am forced to use another navigation system.
    I really hope this will be possible in the future. I only need the benelux map + germany, but to have them all I need West Europe (more then 5 GB).