Switch tomtom rider to different mydrive account — TomTom Community

Switch tomtom rider to different mydrive account

sietsehendrikssietsehendriks Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Hi,

I've borrowed a tomtom rider for the weekend and want to synchronize it with my MyDrive account.

So I've added the device in MyDrive Connect to my systems.

Now I want the POI and favorites of my MyDrive on the device as well. Therefore I went on the device to TomTom Services > MyDrive. Unfortunately I can't change the email adress of the account to mine... The email of the owner is there.

Is there a way to synchronize the device with my POIs and favorites?

Regards,
Sietse

Comments

• EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    Hi
    Im not sure about POIs but I would copy them to a micro SD card then insert it into the ride and try to import them
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,473
    Superusers
    Hi
    @sietsehendriks

Which model Rider do you have

ATB YFM
  • z4kgwmz4kgwm Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem with both my Go520 and my Go620. It seems that once you enter an email address and password into the MyDrive account section of the navigator to connect to a MyDrive account, you can't change it to another email address in order to connect to a different MyDrive account. I contacted Support with no response. Can anyone help me with this?
    Superusers
    Hi

You will need to make sure your MyPlaces, MyRoutes & POIs are backed-up using the MyDrive Web Route planner

Then execute a Factory reset on the device
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System... Reset Device
    Set-up the device with the new Email & Password

ATB YFM
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    I tried putting an SD card into my Rider 410, containing an OV2 file of POIs. The Rider ignored it. Unless I’m doing something wrong, I don’t think they can be imported except via MyDrive.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @ChrisHall

A Micro SDHC card can be Tomtom custom formatted on the PND device for Maps only
    Or formatted Microsoft Fat32 for Routes only
    No other files types are can be recognised/installed on a Micro SDHC card

ATB YFM