Missing Days — TomTom Community

Missing Days

charlesthegnucharlesthegnu Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Yesterday, I synced my Cardio Spark + Music with the app on my phone in the afternoon, but it only showed steps starting from that time forward, but did show all other logged activities for the day. However, all of the data from the previous 12 days was not (and is still not) shown. I connected my watch to my computer this morning to see if there was just an issue with the application, however, it is still showing the same thing in the online portal as well. I am confused as my watch itself has shown a step count every day for the past 12 days, as well as the weekly tracking, so why is it not syncing with the application? I hadn't connected my watch to the app or my computer in that time, but I have never had an issue with it storing and reporting data before.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,621
    Superusers
    I believe it only stores a few days worth of data (not sure of the exact duration) so you may have lost the older stuff. If it successfully synced via the app it will not do it again on the computer, it is either/or, when it successfully uploads (or at least thinks it did) it clears the detailed data from the watch.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • tiggelmatiggelma Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just want to add that I also lost a day of data from my Spark. Did not do any sports-activity but step counting, heart-rate, burned calories are gone for a little more than one day. It started again after I synced this morning. I think all data is lost between two syncs, but I am not 100% sure that this is the case.

I do not seem to be able to get the data back.

I am not aware that I have had this issue before. Just want to make TomTom aware that this might happen more often.
  • tiggelmatiggelma Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Funny... just checked and the data is appeared. So my issue is solved, strange that it takes a day (or at least more than 30 minutes) to appear. But I am happy that the data is not lost!! :thumbsup_tone1:
  • JayPlourdeJayPlourde Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I sync my watch with my phone weekly not daily, in the past i have had a day or two which did not upload steps heart rate etc.. now i am missing entire weeks of data not uploading, do i need to sync everyday? Should it sync with my phone automatically? I would really like to get the data i am missing, considering upgrading my watch and would stay with Tom Tom as i can compare to years past but if new models are this sporadic whats the point.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,621
    Superusers
    JayPlourde wrote: »
    I sync my watch with my phone weekly not daily, in the past i have had a day or two which did not upload steps heart rate etc.. now i am missing entire weeks of data not uploading, do i need to sync everyday? Should it sync with my phone automatically? I would really like to get the data i am missing, considering upgrading my watch and would stay with Tom Tom as i can compare to years past but if new models are this sporadic whats the point.

You could not stay with TT even if you wanted to. They went out of business over 18 months ago and ceased all product and development and are phasing out Support. The issues you are seeing are not new and have never been fully resolved. It should hold 2 weeks worth of activity data. You may be able to fix it for your watch by following these steps (make sure you have installed the latest version of Connect if prompted):

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in Sports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and it should now update as usual.