Export to FITBIT

Jon Warren
Jon Warren Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have recently signed up to a Vitality Life Insurance policy, this requires synchronisation with FITBIT or an Apple watch. I wish for neither of the devices as I am more than happy using my Tom Tom SPARK, although the battery doesn't last as long as it used to. In fact it doesn't last a half marathon any more!!! After 18 months that for me is a massive issue.

However, I would also like to output my data to FitBit as well as Strava, and Runkeeper.

When will this be available please?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    You cannot sync to Fitbit and the daily activity tracking does not sync anywhere, only sports activities get transferred over. This will never be available considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and has now recalled all inventory from the US and is not even selling any devices in their largest market), we can safely assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major like this. There is a way to sync to TT from the Vitality side but it only transfers sports activities (see link below). If you want the benefit from Vitality for daily activity you need to use one of their recommended devices.

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vit-partner-tomtom

For the battery issue, if you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates, even though 1.7.64 was supposed to fix it. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated but in the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 it should fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.