3D Guidance View not working on my Android Headunit

SmithOnlineSmithOnline Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a issue with andriod TomTom navigation app on my andriod headunit the 3D Guidance view does not work. The road and streets etc do not show. I was told it maybe the app doing setting for this device is not set correctly and the screen does seem large like the screen settings are not set correctly I have attached photo to show.

My headunit is a Xtrons PE98MTVPL (also known a px5 unit with rock
Chip CPU running 4gb ram and andriod 8.0

Thanks in advance would appreciate a solution to this please. I have been using TomTom devices for over 10years and this is not hindering me using tomtom.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Master Traveler]
    Hello, i have the same problem with a ERISIN Radio.

Android 8.0
    Octa-Core Rockchip PX5 (A53)
    4GB Ram

Do you have find a solution?

Thanks
  • SmithOnlineSmithOnline Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    deluca wrote:
    Hello, i have the same problem with a ERISIN Radio.

Android 8.0
    Octa-Core Rockchip PX5 (A53)
    4GB Ram

Do you have find a solution?

Thanks
    NOTHING YET
  • FranvlcFranvlc Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I also have the same problem on my car radio, I'm still waiting for a solution.
  • E190flyerE190flyer Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Oh dear, have just updated my radio to Android 8.0 and the 3D is not working as you have said. This needs to be fixed.
  • larryfswartzlarryfswartz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi.

I think the radio that i am using runs wince... not android. Would tomtom work on that operating system?
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi.

I think the radio that i am using runs wince... not android. Would tomtom work on that operating system?
    No, it does not.
  • Jan ZatloukalJan Zatloukal Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. new purchased S200 car radio (Android 8.0, Rockchip PX5, 2GB RAM)

1. The 3D view does not work, it only shows the route and no surrounding traffic
    2. Navigation voice is repeated up to 4 times
  • gbarrenagbarrena Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Its inadmisible, I am TomTom user since 12 years ago, I have a lot of headunits and never fail the 3D, since tomtom update the APP, in my oreo headunit, not work 3D yes 2D.

I dont understand why tomtom dont correct this issue, we have pay for a apk for android.

we need a solution for the people how buy a product.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 222 [Exalted Navigator]
    @gbarrena,

List the name of the radio and the model that you are talking about.

Then show what GPS apps it supports.

Also the one that came pre installed on it.

Like I said many times before take it up with the company you bought the radio from.

But you know what they will say.

Use the GPS app that came with it.

Because it does not support the TomTomGO app.

Why do you think you are having problems with the app?????
  • shinksyshinksy Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    This is a TomTom fault and needs correcting immediatley.

It is not your head unit. If you are running android 8 on a 7" screen, it should work.

TomTom need to take some responsibility instead of just taking our money.

WAKE UP TOMTOM !!!
    @shinksy,

I would be careful about calling other user's "idiots".

Lets try to be more professional when posting.
  • TvermoesTvermoes Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    Has this been fixed?
    I have the same issue when using 3D!

Please advise
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Tvermoes wrote:
    Has this been fixed?
    No, it has not.
  • zoulouzoulou Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I analysed TomTom 1.17.7 with Maps 1015.9098 (DE AT CH) using PVRTrace (https://www.imgtec.com/developers/powervr-sdk-tools/pvrtrace/) and I think I found the root cause:
    The Rockchip PX5 based Android 8 head units do not support the EGL 1.5 extension eglGetConfigAttrib with attrib=0x3339=EGL_COLOR_COMPONENT_TYPE_EXT .
    Looks like this confuses TomTom so that it does not want to render most of 3D map contents. Labels like street names are getting rendered and also the route during an active route guidance is rendered. But all other content is not rendered.

To the TomTom developers: Maybe you could ignore the EGL_BAD_ATTRIBUTE return value and continue with rendering?
  • alantottonalantotton Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. The app works perfect in all ways except it will not display the map in either 2d or 3d . I have a Xtrons PB78MTVP fitted to a VW T5.1 van.
    @alantotton,

From their website they clearly state what will work on this unit.

I quote them:

"Licensed Kudos maps for Windows CE models. Google Maps, iGo, Sygic are available for download on Android models, so you never get lost.

Nothing about TomTom maps.

You need to take this up with Xtrons.

That company needs a licenses agreement with Tomtom.

See link:
    Xtrons PB78MTVP
  • ippe.philippe.phil Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have asked the tomtom support about this issue and the answer is very clear :

"I explain that the PX5 rockchip chip is officially not compatible, therefore you have a problem using the GO Mobile app on your smartphone. So, we will not be able to help you.

My apologies for the inconvenience."

original message is in French :
    Cher Monsieur Ippe,

Je vous remercie pour votre réponse, je suis Nikki du support client TomTom.

Le numéro de référence de votre requête est le suivant : 181109-xxxxxx

Je vous explique que la puce PX5 rockchip n'est officiellement pas compatible, par conséquent vous rencontrez un problème en utilisant l'application GO Mobile sur votre smartphone. Ainsi, nous ne pourrons pas vous aider.

Toutes mes excuses pour le désagrément occasionné.

Si vous avez d'autres questions ou me tenir informé, n'hésitez pas à me contacter via le lien dans ce message et je me ferai un plaisir de vous aider.

Cordialement,
    Équipe de service à la clientèle TomTom

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • alantottonalantotton Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK thank you all for your help.:relaxed:
  • DeswriDeswri Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a joying FYT rockchip a53 running on Android O 8, everything works just fine including maps but as soon as it says the first voice command it carries on through all the other turn commands in it's database. LOL
  • 1979Damian1979Damian Posts: 8 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi.

No, WinCE is a totally different operating system. It would be like trying to install an Android app on an iPhone.
  • 1979Damian1979Damian Posts: 8 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Asprin624 wrote:
    @alantotton,

From their website they clearly state what will work on this unit.

I quote them:

"Licensed Kudos maps for Windows CE models. Google Maps, iGo, Sygic are available for download on Android models, so you never get lost.

Nothing about TomTom maps.

You need to take this up with Xtrons.

That company needs a licenses agreement with Tomtom.

See link:Xtrons PB78MTVP

No, they do not need a "licences agreement" with Tom Tom, that's like saying every single model of Android/IOS device needs to sign individual licencing agreements with Roxio to make each Angry Birds game work on each device from that Company.

That isn't how software development works. For Android, software is developed to comply with the Android OS framework/capabilities and as long as the hardware within the unit meets a certain standard for example the minimum requirements might be:

Dual core ARM CPU,
    2GB RAM
    500 MB storage
    Android 6+

The manufacturer of the device doesn't have to put together a list of "supported" apps, although they may list the most popular examples of certain genres such as sat nav or music player etc.

The Xtrons head units (for example) contain the same type of hardware as an Android phone and also run on the same versions of Android as said phones. Currently, the most powerful units of this type contain the "Rockchip PX5 A53" CPU which uses the same ARM architecture as other Android devices i.e. phones and is an 8 core CPU so it's not like people are complaining (unreasonably) that the app doesn't work on an 9 year old no name ebay special tablet/phone.

To be fair, Tom Tom and perfectly entitled to limit the usage of the app if they so choose, e.g. they don't want to risk cannibalising any more dedicated sat unit sales tha has already happened by people using their handsets instead. But if this is the case they should be open about this, alternatively if it genuinely is a bug in the software (ALL complex software contains defects) then they should state that it's a bug and commit to a timeframe to fix it.
  • FritzCTFritzCT Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Deswri wrote:
    I have a joying FYT rockchip a53 running on Android O 8, everything works just fine including maps but as soon as it says the first voice command it carries on through all the other turn commands in it's database. LOL

Go to voice settings and select a computer voice as a opposed to recorded and it should work. Might have it the wrong way round though.

Fritz
  • koentakintakoentakinta Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Its been a while now. Is there already an update for the px5 problem?