How to use My roads?

Kiwal
Kiwal Registered Users Posts: 7
Master Explorer
edited September 2018 in RIDER
Hi Guys, maybe I'm doing something wrong or just do not know how to use it.

I have created a road plan through website My drive and syncronized with device.
This road had start, 3 way points and end at the same place as start.

Once initiated navigation on device, it says me - 100m to your final destination and finito. It does not try to navigate me through defined road, but targets to reach destination.

How to solve it?

Second topic, for roads defined in Mydrive and syncronized with device, is there any way how on device I could modify a road? Just let say skip one of the way-points? Was not succesful with this so far.

Third question, once device is guiding me through defined way-points, and I almost reached one, but parhed before couse road was closed, then how could I indicate that I want to go further, instead of coming back to defined way-point (which I cannot reach becouse of road situation)?

Love the device how it navigates, how defines roads, but really cannot get to know how to follow defined roads on website. Now it doesn't work for me at all....

Ah, last topic - is there a way to find on device points of intrest (restaurants/hotels/points of intrest) like on the bottom side of the Mydrive map?

Thank you for support.
Adam

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,818
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Kiwal
    Which method are you using to Sync the route to the device
    'Send to Device' or the 'Save and Sync' method....

If you are using 'Send to Device' there is a known bug where the device misses the first stop : See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/tomtom-route-planner-route-selection-on-the-go-5100-differ-1030046/index1.html#post1198253
    Kiwal : I have created a road plan through website My drive and syncronized with device.
    This road had start, 3 way points and end at the same place as start.
    Separate your Start point and Destination by a reasonable distance say 100 > 200 Yards/Metres
    Plan your Start point and Destination then add your Stops/Waypoints

ATB YFM
  • Kiwal
    Master Explorer
    Well, was not aware of if was syncronizing or saving and then syncronizing. Thanks for the tip.

Regarding second recommendation to split start from end point, this means you cannot plan roundtrip as offered by Myroads? So far always was using this method.

And what about other points?
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Kiwal
    Kiwal : Regarding second recommendation to split start from end point, this means you cannot plan round trip as offered by MyRoutes ? So far always was using this method.
    You never stated you were planning a 'Thrill Route'... Yes the MyDriveWeb Route planner does allow for the Start point and Destination of a 'Thrill Route' to be the same point when planning a round trip

ATB YFM
  • Kiwal
    Master Explorer
    This I know, however navigation doesnt. As written above it pushes me to reach destination iso following way points.
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Kiwal
    I assume you have a Tomtom Rider 4xx or 5xx... only your profile says
    MyTomTom Sports product 607169330
    Kiwal : Once initiated navigation on device, it says me - 100m to your final destination and finito. It does not try to navigate me through defined road, but targets to reach destination.
    On the Rider 4/5xx
    If you mean displaying the time/distance to the next Stop/Waypoint....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> settings --> Route bar --> Arrival information... Select 'Next stop'

ATB YFM
  • Kiwal
    Master Explorer
    I mean navigation to next point, not display time...