Updated my TomTom and received this message — TomTom Community

Updated my TomTom and received this message

JanewiJanewi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I was just updating my TomTom 50 and received this message
Important:​ Your device is no longer supported through phone or email, and it's not possible to buy new maps and services for your device. You can still get help through our user forum and FAQs. More information.

What a crock of crap. There is nothing wrong with this GPS. Needs more memory? So give me more memory. No, TomTom wants me to buy another GPS. Big deal, they give you a few dollars off. They should have an exchange program and only charge a small fee for the upgrade. What good are lifetime maps and other lifetime apps when your device cannot load them because it does not have the memory needed. I might just switch over to another brand if I have to buy a new GPS. With newer vehicle coming with GPS pre installed, are they going to tell vehicle owners they have to buy a new vehicle because their GPS does not have enough memory?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,272
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Janewi
    Janewi :What good are lifetime maps and other lifetime apps when your device cannot load them because it does not have the memory needed.
    Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling you will be prompted by the Auto Response System DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information, wait for a live agent to respond

World Tomtom Customer service Phone numbers....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/customer-support-phone-numbers-988105/index1.html#post1020431

ATB YFM
  • JanewiJanewi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So what if they honor subscriptions. If upgrades to a device are needed, THEY should supply the new device. Not expect us to pay for it. Again, there is nothing wrong with the device I have, it works perfectly. They just want us to spend more money to buy another device at twice the price. I do not need a bluetooth enabled device or one that answers my phone or send a text. I do not have a cell phone and do not want one. Also, if I had a smart phone, why would I need a GPS when you can get aps for this on your smart phone?