Freestyle mode change to other sport — TomTom Community

Freestyle mode change to other sport

BarbarerikBarbarerik Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
Hey guys pleas its not so hard understand that people use watches for different sports. On the web there are groups of people challenging each other in their particular group. So please i don't want to spent my expensive time to all the time changing sport on the other applications where most of people any way, transfer their efforts. Its heavily demanded to have option add favorite sport so we can get into our sport crew by simple uploading.
I must say its stupid to no allow people choice their sport. Especially in the age of traveling into space by car.

How to do it?
Same as i can import workout, i should be able to change my freestyle to other sport.

kisses

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    You can't change the default sports modes, the only thing you can do is change them on MySports and then you are limited to what is available. They are not adding any more sports modes, that is what they added Freestyle and gym modes for. Freestyle is for any GPS enabled non-core activities and Gym for non-GPS enabled activities. If they start adding sports modes then you may want equestrian sports and I may want football and someone else may want paddle sports, this is why then went with the generic Freestyle. The existing sports also tie into the lifetime totals on MySports. If they add more sports modes they would also need to redesign all of MySports to capture them.

Unfortunately, this is likely not going to happen for several reasons. First, there needs to be enough demand to justify the resources so there needs to be a large enough percentage of users that would use that feature to make it worth the investment of time for TT to program it. Second, there needs to be underlying data available for it. Calories for each activity are calculated based on METs tables so if there are no METs tables for an activity they cannot add it or else they have no way to calculate calories (they do not default it to HR as not everyone has an HR device). The final and most important factor is that TT has left the wearables industry and is no longer producing new devices, so I would not expect much beyond bug fixes go forward as they devices are now legacy products. They will likely support what they have but not add anything new. Essentially the devices are what they are at this point and we are going to have to live with them as the are.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • BarbarerikBarbarerik Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks

Pity they left.

ps. I hate this answer, when you write they, it looks like they are somebody nobody and nobody can touch them. :) It brings me to idea to change device, for company with more personal feeling.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    Barbarerik wrote:
    Thanks

Pity they left.

ps. I hate this answer, when you write they, it looks like they are somebody nobody and nobody can touch them. :) It brings me to idea to change device, for company with more personal feeling.
    I write they because I don't work for TomTom, this is a user forum, no one on here is an employee except the moderators. You should be changing your device because the one you have is not fit for your needs, not based on the personal feeling of a company, in my opinion and it sounds like the device you have is not fit for your needs.
  • wolf2600wolf2600 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You could setup your device to export your activities to UnderArmor's MapMyFitness site in addition to the TomTom Sports site. MapMyFitness has a much larger selection of activities you can select from.

https://www.mapmyfitness.com