Recorded route doesn't sync with MyDrive — TomTom Community

Recorded route doesn't sync with MyDrive

Marc vd MolenMarc vd Molen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Goodafternoon forum members,

I bought a rider 550 and drove the first fun rides I had made via TomTom Mydrive.
Yesterday I drove a ride and recorded it. At the end I connected the rider550 to the Wifi at home. Now I can see the route that I drove on the rider's MyRoute, but do not see it on TomTom MyDrive, what am I doing wrong?

Regards
Marc

Comments

• EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    Hi

I'm not sure its going to be easy, I did something similar but wanted to import it to mydriveapp. Found the only successful way was to insert a memory card to the rider
    select the route then share it which copies it to the card then import it from there using a card reader
  • Marc vd MolenMarc vd Molen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply Exportman,
    This is the same I've figured out today and it works. It's not the most wanted way but it works. Maybe someday they make a fix in an update.
  • Two ShowersTwo Showers Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I have same issue and I "was" told when purchasing that recorded rides can be transferred by bluetooth form device to phone, but only option I'm getting is to also transfer it by memory card ........
  • SilverSTreakSilverSTreak Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Apparently you have to use an SD card to transfer a recorded track, and that is a HUGE shortcoming. We need to be able to download tracks - AT LEAST by USB cable, if not also by wifi and/or MyDrive
  • 312hooligan312hooligan Posts: 84 [Legendary Explorer]
    Using SD card to transfer recorded route was the only way I can achieve this. However, has any of you who have been doing this noticed that once the recorded route is transferred to a new device, it loses fidelity? Meaning, the very exact route isn't quite followed?

I did that from my Rider 400 to Rider 410, and I noticed my transferred recorded routes weren't the exact same.
  • Geoff and DawnGeoff and Dawn Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Is there a fix to this yet? I see the last post was over a year ago. I want to be able to transfer a route recorded on my Tomtom Rider to MyDrive so that I can tweak it for the future. Without all the faff of SD cards etc.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    No this is by design. MyDrive only syncs to your Rider.

You still need to export using the SD Card.