Recorded route doesn't sync with MyDrive

Marc vd Molen
Marc vd Molen Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Goodafternoon forum members,

I bought a rider 550 and drove the first fun rides I had made via TomTom Mydrive.
Yesterday I drove a ride and recorded it. At the end I connected the rider550 to the Wifi at home. Now I can see the route that I drove on the rider's MyRoute, but do not see it on TomTom MyDrive, what am I doing wrong?

Regards
Marc

Comments

• EXPORTMAN
    EXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superuser
    Hi

I'm not sure its going to be easy, I did something similar but wanted to import it to mydriveapp. Found the only successful way was to insert a memory card to the rider
    select the route then share it which copies it to the card then import it from there using a card reader
  • Marc vd Molen
    Marc vd Molen Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for your reply Exportman,
    This is the same I've figured out today and it works. It's not the most wanted way but it works. Maybe someday they make a fix in an update.
  • Two Showers
    Two Showers Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Traveler
    I have same issue and I "was" told when purchasing that recorded rides can be transferred by bluetooth form device to phone, but only option I'm getting is to also transfer it by memory card ........
  • SilverSTreak
    SilverSTreak Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Apparently you have to use an SD card to transfer a recorded track, and that is a HUGE shortcoming. We need to be able to download tracks - AT LEAST by USB cable, if not also by wifi and/or MyDrive
  • 312hooligan
    312hooligan Registered Users Posts: 84
    Legendary Explorer
    Using SD card to transfer recorded route was the only way I can achieve this. However, has any of you who have been doing this noticed that once the recorded route is transferred to a new device, it loses fidelity? Meaning, the very exact route isn't quite followed?

I did that from my Rider 400 to Rider 410, and I noticed my transferred recorded routes weren't the exact same.
  • Geoff and Dawn
    Geoff and Dawn Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Is there a fix to this yet? I see the last post was over a year ago. I want to be able to transfer a route recorded on my Tomtom Rider to MyDrive so that I can tweak it for the future. Without all the faff of SD cards etc.
  • RoadRider
    RoadRider Registered Users Posts: 750
    Revered Pioneer
    No this is by design. MyDrive only syncs to your Rider.

You still need to export using the SD Card.