What is the point of trying to help TomTom? — TomTom Community

What is the point of trying to help TomTom?

John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
edited January 30 in Map quality
In the UK, local Councils often change the location of Speed Limit signs - usually meaning that the area covered by an existing Speed Limit has been extended.

I can think of lots & lots of these in my local area.

TomTom very rarely seems to include these changes - whether because they are not aware of the changes or simply cannot be bothered, I'm not certain.

Usually, whenever I notice these changes, it really is NOT practical for myself to stop the car & then try to take a GPS-Tagged Photo. Hence, as a driver, it only becomes practical to try to "remember" the details & then report these once I'm at home.

However, I did think that I would try to help TomTom by making a Test-Report on a particularly extensive changed Speed Limit Area in my location. Accordingly, SIX MONTHS ago (today) I reported such a change via the online Map Share™ Reporter.

What a surprise, SIX MONTHS later, the Map Share™ Reporter is STILL showing that the Report is pending!

If TomTom cannot be bothered to take note of the valuable help that its customers provide, I feel that I'm left asking the question:-
Why should I bother trying to help TomTom?"

Edited to ADD:-
If anyone feels that I'm being a bit harsh on TomTom, could I suggest that they read my Topic Post of 2015 ("Strange Map Error!"):-

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-quality-75/map-quality-strange-map-error-989414/index1.html

This was a System Error, that TomTom introduced &, by the time I had reported it to the Forum, TomTom had already received multiple reports for many months previously.

To my knowledge, TomTom never did adequately escalate the issue &, even now, I'm NOT fully convinced that ALL ramifications of the error are resolved!

Comments

• IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Those are valid concerns.

I guess we can just hope that their behavior will improve over time.

We want to believe that TomTom will finally get it together, but speed updates are far behind Google Maps.
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Just thought I would add an update!!

It is now more than 10 months ago since I made the Report & TomTom are STILL stating its "Pending"!

As I queried 4 months ago, & TomTom have NOT not bothered to respond, just what is the point of trying to help TomTom - since TomTom really do NOT appear to be interested in Customer's Concerns/Reports!!
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Welcome to the ever-growing and fast expanding "pi55ed-off-with-tomtoms-ineptitude (or is that indifference/inefficiency/ignorance)" owners club!:rage:

"Improve over time" "get it together"? Don't hold your breath!

PS WTF are all these literally HUNDREDS of totally irrelevant & useless Emojis all about then? Ah yes; nothing to do with a GPS forum whatsoever!
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 501 [Exalted Navigator]
    John-Jay wrote:
    If anyone feels that I'm being a bit harsh on TomTom, could I suggest that they read my Topic Post of 2015 ("Strange Map Error!"):-

I don't think you are being harsh enough. It really is pathetic that a company that has been in the satellite navigation business from the beginning and which has huge resources, is so totally incompetent and/or uncaring that it can't produce a product that is fit for purpose. I wish the media would do an expose of these people to enlighten the public about what really lies behind the fanciful claims of their advertising.
  • fredjrockfredjrock Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Tom Tom just ignore any help with maps it seems, I have put changes on the map-share.
    Now when people ask me what sat nav to buy I tell them if it was a score out of 10, Tom Tom would get my rating of 3. Reason being they are too slow updating the maps, why can't the UK map be updated on it's own.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,565 Superuser
    John-Jay wrote:
    It is now more than 10 months ago since I made the Report & TomTom are STILL stating its "Pending"!

The issue will soon be solved -- you can no longer view your past reports when they are more than about a year old. :wink:
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi, @big

You are, indeed, correct!

From tomorrow (12th Nov), my Report will be one year old & it is STILL saying "Pending"!!

Hence, I repeat the subject of my initial Post:-

[h1]"What is the point of trying to help TomTom?"[/h1]
    Around my area there are literally dozens of changes affecting Speed Limits!

I really can NO LONGER be bothered to report them, since TomTom clearly couldn't give a to$$ about its Customers!
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    [h2]In reply to your last question; NONE WHATSOEVER![/h2]