Multisport Cardio Strap Replacement — TomTom Community

Multisport Cardio Strap Replacement

TiagoPTiagoP Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Does any one knows where I can find a replacement strap for my multisport cardio?

After 2 years of use, the strap broke a month ago and I can not find a replacement strap anywhere. I already tried Tom Tom support without success: I was asked to fill a form where I couldn't even chose the multisport cardio (only more recent models could be selected) and I didn't receive any more reply after that. I also tried going to some retail shops, where I was told that the replacement strap was discontinued.

I am quite disappointed. I hope I can get a replacement strap. And I should say, that I was expecting that a strap would last much more than 2 years (it was not a cheap product, and so far it was the only watch strap that I was able to broke).

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    That model was discontinued several years ago and at some point they logically stopped producing bands for it as well. You can try eBay or amazon but be aware that all units in the Spark/Runner lineup (Spark, Spark 3, Runner2, Runner3 and Adventurer) are identical and all the straps are interchangeable. The only straps that will not fit are the ones for the original Runner1 and MultiSport.

I would suggest actually calling Support and speaking to a person, as they may be able to find a strap in inventory. However, it may be you are out of luck. At some point it stands to reason that they will run out of accessories for a product that was discontinued for several years.

To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • TiagoPTiagoP Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the advice. I already contacted customer support but I will try to phone them.

However, I don't think this model was discontinued several years ago. As far as I know, it was released about 4 years ago. I purchased my watch in October 2015... at the time it was the most expensive sport watch that Tom Tom had (due to the built-in cardio sensor). I guess you are right: Tom Tom run out of parts and now I can either buy from a clone from aliexpress or throw away my watch (working fine, but now completely useless) and buy a new one (which for sure will not be a Tom Tom, since for the forerunner 225, which I decided not to buy at the time, garmin still has accessories available).
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    TiagoP wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. I already contacted customer support but I will try to phone them.

However, I don't think this model was discontinued several years ago. As far as I know, it was released about 4 years ago. I purchased my watch in October 2015... at the time it was the most expensive sport watch that Tom Tom had (due to the built-in cardio sensor). I guess you are right: Tom Tom run out of parts and now I can either buy from a clone from aliexpress or throw away my watch (working fine, but now completely useless) and buy a new one (which for sure will not be a Tom Tom, since for the forerunner 225, which I decided not to buy at the time, garmin still has accessories available).
    They stopped producing them when the Spark lineup was introduced in September 2015. You bought one of the last ones.
  • TiagoPTiagoP Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I can understand that they have stop producing them, once they got a new model out. It is more difficult to understand that after 2.5 years they run out of replacements parts. It is bad for the costumer, it is bad for the environment (because makes useless a piece of electronics, with built-in battery, otherwise working perfect) and in the end is bad for TomTom because I would have purchase a replacement strap.

Anyway, things are what they are. I hope that at least TomTom now provides longer support for the new models.