Send to device issue not working when changing the route ? — TomTom Community

Send to device issue not working when changing the route ?

Hairy7Hairy7 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
When using the My Drive app if I change from the 'suggested' route to one of the others the 'Send to device' mode disables, why is this happening??
I run the fastest route normally however at times want to miss out some motorway

any ideas

Comments

• Hairy7Hairy7 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    EthoZ thank you for the reply I do wonder why this would not work though??
    I have tried to add a 'way-link' but the route goes all over the place. this is a shame as it would be ideal if it worked
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,081
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Hairy7
    Hairy7 wrote:
    EthoZ thank you for the reply I do wonder why this would not work though??
    I have tried to add a 'way-link' but the route goes all over the place. this is a shame as it would be ideal if it worked
    +1... I tried the old trick of adding a stop to switch route to an alternative route and still retain the 'Send to Device' option
    It looks like this method has stopped working on the latest version of the MDW Route planner

This method still works, but you transfer a .GPX Track
    Try.....
    MDWeb Route planner
    Create your route.....
    From the "Plan Route" window select one of the alternate routes
    Click save to MyRoutes
    A new menu opens
    Rename or accept the offer name for the route
    Slide the sync this route as a track on your devices Switch... To On
    Click Save
    The route (Track) will/should be stored in MDWeb (v2) Route planner and in MyRoutes on the device

ATB YFM
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    It looks like this method has stopped working on the latest version of the MDW Route planner
    That's how it works for me.

38488a8f-d36d-4ef5-8581-43ef795db11f.jpg90bd1082-8ff4-4114-a018-8917685ed5c8.jpg9dfec15a-af77-4cab-acfd-7bcd41ebf225.jpg
    Superusers
    Hi
    @EthoZ
    How strange, I always use the 'Add a stop' method to select one of the alternate routes
    After @Hairy7 reported problems I tried several different routes and as reported the MDW Route planner gave bazaar routes
    Example... Bewdley to Ludlow GBR

16968719-b2b0-43a1-9d41-816339c25721.png
    I want to use the 53 minute route, I zoomed in on the route and added a stop
    The MDW Route planner recalculates an different route
    (1st)... I tried adding the stop to the 53 minute route
    (2nd)...I tried selecting the the 53 minute route and then adding the stop
    The MDW still recalculates the route differently to the original 53 minute route
    The new route is now 48 minutes ???

41756b63-0297-4cf2-a297-df4b852d27c1.png
    ATB YFM
    ... and the device could produce a third variant and the app a fourth... :grin:
    Superusers
    Hi
    @EthoZ
    But the point is that Hairy7 wanted use the original alternate route, not a variation of it

if you don't mind using a .GPX Track... The 'Save and Sync' method works reliably, keeping the original route in the MDW route planner and on the device

Maybe what's happening is a side effect of this change change to the MDW Route planner announced by @danielforniestomtom
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/tomtom-mydrive-change-the-route-of-an-imported-gpx-file-1034371/index1.html#post1218166

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote:
    @EthoZ
    But the point is that Hairy7 wanted use the original alternate route, not a variation of it
    This may require more than one stop.
    For me personally, driving an exact route is not my thing.
  • Hairy7Hairy7 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    YamFazMan, it appears you may live near to me so I can use the route I was trying say Cleobury mortimer to Hinkley (Triumph) I have been here a few times before and normally I do not use sat-nav only when getting to towns to find the door however as having the new rider I wanted to give it a go. the route normally goes Kidderminster, M40. 42. 6., 69 A5 A47 done. (this is still original route) I wanted to go Droitwich, Stratford, Warwick, Coventry M69 A5- A47 (this is an alternative which can-not send to device) if I pick a stop it takes routes all over the place to get there, adding miles in many cases.
    I think my problem is using the app on apple - I have used the suggestions on my Mac and as you say it can be sync with devices but I dont take me Mac out with me :)
    EthoZ, I am still a bit old school and still use road numbers mainly to go anywhere and just plug my satnav in to find places in towns and the such however the Rider was sold to me with a try the rides modes, I would be happy if the alternatives could be sent to device, just seams strange to offer something different but then say you can-not use it on the app

Thank you both for the suggestions on fixes and taking the time to answer I think I will pre-plan routes on Mac or just do what I did before and head in that direction until I get lost. Safe riding