TomTom One constantly waiting for a valid GPS signal...? — TomTom Community

TomTom One constantly waiting for a valid GPS signal...?

SilversidesSilversides Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
My TomTom One was recently updated and was working fine. Then It mysteriously stopped working properly. Now, whenever it is turned one it indicates "Waiting for a valid GPS signal..." and it apparently does not ever find any signals no matter where I take it, or how long I leave it outside. Any idea what has happened to it or how I might be able to fix it?
Help Needed!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,096
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Silversides
    Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • SilversidesSilversides Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    YamFazMan,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, I have tried the drum roll reboot, and have tried going outside where we can get as clear a view of the sky as possible.
    I have also backed up and updated the device, twice now! always the same result. "Waiting..."
    This is an older TOMTOM One a 125 or 130 model. It was stuck in a drawer for several years and I am trying to get the battery back in condition. I don't know if the battery condition is impacting the GPS receiver or not. The unit is showing a battery condition of anywhere from 40 to 80%, depending upon how long it has been on.

Any other ideas?
    Steve-O