App not being detected has navigation app — TomTom Community

App not being detected has navigation app

ScorpioptScorpiopt Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
i am using android 8.1 and xperia xz
I am trying to get the app has default navigation for my phone however no app detects it has such

My issue is i am a deliveroo and uber eats driver and none of the apps detecs TomTom go has navigation app
Uber Eats only detects waze and google maps and same for deliveroo ( with the last one i got around using an app called send to navigation but that fails sometimes and is slow )

I just want to be able to press navigation on then and it goes to tomtomGo and take me to the places
Imputing address manualy takes time and sometimes i need to google the place first because people just use coordinate system in the uber app and that thing is terrible at getting addresses right

Any ideas?

Comments

• ScorpioptScorpiopt Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    anyone?
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    You might try installing intermediate apps such as GPS Bridge or SendtoGPS. Maybe your deliveroo or uber eats driver apps will recognise one of them and then you can try to use them to redirect that location to GO Mobile.
    will give that a try thanks
    nope none of those even recognises tomtom app
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    Can you get your work apps to send locations to GPS Bridge? And then, when you press "send" in GPS Bridge, don't you see "GO" being offered as a destination for that location?
    tgold wrote:
    Can you get your work apps to send locations to GPS Bridge? And then, when you press "send" in GPS Bridge, don't you see "GO" being offered as a destination for that location?
    none of them see GO has destination
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    From the Uber website:

[h1]Selecting a navigation app[/h1]Your driver app has built in GPS navigation. If you're using your own device, you can also use third party systems for navigating Uber trips. Feel free to choose the navigation app you like best.

CHOOSE YOUR APP
    To set your default navigation app and download other navigation apps:
    1. Select ACCOUNT from your app menu.
    2. Tap SETTINGS.
    3. Tap Navigation to make changes.

If you choose a third party systems as your preferred navigation app, tapping the NAVIGATE button during a trip will move you from the driver app to your navigation app of choice.

When using a third party navigation app, your partner app continues to record trip details to ensure your fare is correct. Tap the banner at the top of the screen to return to the Uber app.

If this does not help you have to take it up with Uber......