Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again - when purchasing map — TomTom Community

Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again - when purchasing map

paulgsm2paulgsm2 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 27 in Map purchasing
Hello

Same error sincer yesterday: Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again. I tried to buy Europe map witihin Tomtom home app and tomtom website (by creating an account). Everytime I select paypal or credit card. receive error above.
In tomtom home windows app i receive other error but i can't complete payment.

I can't beleive Tomtom can't solve this problem in such a long time.

Please don't offer me solution to call customer service because the problem cannot be solved by phone. I think tomtom servers have problems connecting paypal or VISA/Mastercard payment systems ....

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi paulgsm2

I would recommend that you report this to the customer service. They should be able to look into this more deeply..

Sorry for the trouble caused.

Regards
    Vikram
  • cmack71cmack71 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I got the same error in the end after trying for hours, trying to get this to work many many times, it also says an error has ocurred in your profile information, doesnt say what or anything really poor and off putting when all i wanted was to give you my money and have my speed camera update. I give up for now but please sort out your thing I have always disliked the look and feel of mydrive connect but this is too much!
  • embossemboss Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I got the same error, I can buy a map !
    On web page it says that was an error with profile informations.
    In TOMTOM Home there is an error 231 (internal server error).
    What is going on?
  • tazartazar Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same problem. Want to buy a map but can't :(. Can you do something? Doesn't even let me choose payment method!
  • FuzoFuzo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem, can't buy any map update, just having the same error message all over again. TomTom probably doesn't want our money =)
  • FuzoFuzo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I found the solution, I had to go to profile page and fill the shipping adress there and then it worked fine B)
  • UrosUros Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi, I have the same situation tomtom sucks, profile page correction did not help.
    Anyone have the solution for this ???
    tnx
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,203 Superuser
    Hi, I`am not able to change the country at all, it is grey-out when i go to profile there is no option to change the country. What else can I do ???
    Hello,
    Changing to Ireland solved the problem, tnx for help.....