Erratic Pace-Runner watch — TomTom Community

Erratic Pace-Runner watch

ElliBElliB Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I had a Tom Tom Runner watch which I loved. It did everything I wanted it to and had an easy to read screen. Unfortunately it died when the control button broke. I bought a Multi-sport watch that was the display model and the last in stock. When I started using it I realised it had been used a few times and must have been returned. Either an unwanted Christmas present or faulty. The first run entered was 25/12/2015.
The watch also does what I want. But the downloaded pace data is all over the place. The Runner showed a smooth pace but the multi-sport is very jagged.
While running the pace showing is believable.
Is this because the watch is faulty, the software/app showing the data is not fit for purpose, an older version of the watch without smoothing, or something else?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,343
    Superusers
    It is from how the MySports site displays the data. It uses the raw data without smoothing so you get a more accurate, but more erratic display. This was a switch they made a few years ago and there is nothing you can do to change it, unfortunately.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ElliBElliB Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. It seems I will have to live with it. It doesn't explain the difference in display of the data between my old Runner watch, my husband's runner watch and the Multi-Sport. On Tom Tom Sports on my computer and my phone from one day to the next the display of data went from smooth to jagged and the only difference was the watch.
    Does that mean that the data is collected differently on the runner watch?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,343
    Superusers
    ElliB wrote:
    Thanks. It seems I will have to live with it. It doesn't explain the difference in display of the data between my old Runner watch, my husband's runner watch and the Multi-Sport. On Tom Tom Sports on my computer and my phone from one day to the next the display of data went from smooth to jagged and the only difference was the watch.
    Does that mean that the data is collected differently on the runner watch?
    Unfortunately, there is no way to know. It could be a design difference or a change in algorithms between models but as this is proprietary, TT will not say. As you said, you will just have to live with it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.