In-vehicle navigation, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Uconnect navigator — TomTom Community

In-vehicle navigation, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Uconnect navigator

John RodgersJohn Rodgers Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a uconnect media and navigator in dash unit. I have been using TomTom navigation ever since it became available on smart mobile phone devices and I have not found any other navigation application that that I would rather use.

My issue now is that I have recently become an owner of the above mentioned Jeep and I want to update the uconnect nav with TomTom mapping for Australia.

I can not seem to find any resolution on the TomTom site.

Can you assist please

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,898 Moderator
    Hi John

Welcome to the community :)

Firstly I reviewed your account I don't see a device linked.

You should be able to order map for the UConnect built-in TomTom on the Australian webshop here

Built-in devices which have the serial number starting with 'TP' are the European models of Uconnect systems. You will not be able to purchase Australian map as it will show as incompatible. The serial number of the Australian or New Zealand models should start with the serial number-'TX'.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • John RodgersJohn Rodgers Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Correct as I could not find an appropriate device.

Device is a uConnect “RHP” media and nav unit with 30 gb hard drive and DVD player.

SOFTWARE
    Application: 2.184
    Gracenotes: 3267
    dB version: HPT1-A1230 4.3.0
    SDS: 237246

HARDWARE
    Serial No. T00BE046256794
    System: 6858 001 2.17 SIRIUS: %1

The only other info is the VIN: 1C4RJFGM1CC276710

Apologies - This is further information for the original question
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @John Rodgers

"TO" > Uconnect 5” Radio Nav, uses TomTom HOME and is deemed to be a NAV2 device

@VikramK

Why are non "TX" devices declared to be incompatible?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,898 Moderator
    Niall wrote:

@VikramK

Why are non "TX" devices declared to be incompatible?

I am afraid I don't know the actual reasoning behind this :(

-Vikram
    @Niall I do not understand your comment
    ("TO" > Uconnect 5” Radio Nav, uses TomTom HOME and is deemed to be a NAV2 device)
    and how it answers my question.

Where do I find the TomTom application and how do I install the application on my uConnect in dash media and nav unit. It does not have TomTom installed at the moment and I suspect it is the propriety nav application that comes with the unit and possibly is a Garmin app. I installed TomTom Home and that does not appear to have any explanation.

The media unit does not have wifi and it is obvious one can not connect it to a desk top Mac
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Where do I find the TomTom application and how do I install the application on my uConnect in dash media and nav unit.
    Nowhere and not at all.
    @EthoZ your comments contradict the previous??? Yes
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @John Rodgers

See this FAQ "INSTALLING A MAP ON UCONNECT 5" RADIO NAV"
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18867
    John Rodgers does not want to install only a map but a TomTom application on a Garmin based built-in device .... and he never mentioned a uconnect 5.
    True @EthoZ, I did not mention uConnect 5, because I did not know, as you could see with the previous comments, however you would have notice that @Niall did and he was the first to identify that it was a uConnect 5.

Now that we have established that, are you able to offer a solution to my dilemma??
    There is no solution.
    There is always a solution @EthoZ, we just have to find it

Thank you all for your input

Moderators this can be closed - thank you
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0