Spark strap

Ber62
Ber62 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Someone knows why the straps break so frequently. I do not understand how a product of such good quality (I mean the Spark) use a belt of such poor quality. I have been about to lose the watch several times because of the straps. I'm already on the fourth official leash of the house.

Do you have any solution regarding this? Because I see that you continue selling the same belts.31e32b79-f894-4dd5-a87b-95e600c2506d.jpgdacc8453-ff5d-48dc-b200-329df004f151.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    The straps are poor quality and are a primary reason why TT left the watch industry and is not making any new devices. They were not big enough to have their own manufacturing and relied on third parties to make them and had little control over production, unfortunately.

The strap is covered under warranty. Either use the self-service site in the link below or call Customer support and they will take care of it, they are very good about replacing them. To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen). The best way to avoid damaging the strap is to not take the watch out of the strap when charging. It is designed so that the dock slips between the watch and the band which limits the amount of twisting. Also, when taking it on and off do not yank on the strap, pull it gently to the desired tightness then snap it in place, which puts less stress on rubber.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Ber62
    Ber62 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank for your answer! @tfarabaugh
  • ASmugDill
    ASmugDill Registered Users Posts: 550
    Apprentice Traveler
    I'd find it truly tragic if the wrist straps, and not the performance and reliability of the technology embodied in the hardware and firmware, if anywhere near ‘a primary reason’ why TomTom decided it could not viably compete in the wearable consumer electronics market.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    ASmugDill wrote:
    I'd find it truly tragic if the wrist straps, and not the performance and reliability of the technology embodied in the hardware and firmware, if anywhere near ‘a primary reason’ why TomTom decided it could not viably compete in the wearable consumer electronics market.
    The utter failure to produce a reliable strap is one of many reasons and the fact that they could not get the simple things right (like a rubber strap) is symptomatic of the underlying issues they had. Plus, they got to the point that they were replacing all straps for free upon request, including paying for shipping, how much do you think that cost them?