Putts not syncing properly to the Sports App

PdaddiPdaddi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 28 in Golfer & Golfer 2
I have a Golfer 2 and really like the product. It has worked perfectly well until recently (I think until the firmware update in March). The issue is that although I record my putts while on the course, when I sync to the App on my phone they either don't appear and I see only Strokes played or some appear. This is irksome as even though I then manually input the extra putts the score doesn't update on the App. The watch shows the correct number of strokes in the history.

If I do a factory reset then I will lose all the data accumulated so far? I am not even sure this will resolve the issue?

Help anyone?

Comments

• KristerKrister Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Have the same issue! I've not found out if it's puts missing or strokes. I usually don't mark puts by covering the watch but rather add them just leaving the green.
  • EdreedykEdreedyk Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi

I also am facing same problem.

Today i played 18 holes, and all strokes were saved on te watch, after syncng i lost 31 strokes in teh sports app

When in the app i want to add a stroke manually, it seems that the app hangs.
    After a while it releases, then i have to go back to the home page, enter the course again and the extra stroke is added.

If I have to do this for all 31 strokes,, it will take me some hours to update.

Hope for a solution soon.

Edwin
  • EdreedykEdreedyk Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    After a second sync it was reduced to only 6 strokes missing.

Still a problem. But better than before.

Adding strokes still a problem.
    Can only add a stroke not a put.
    And still slow

Regards
  • PdaddiPdaddi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also input the putts manually after each hole, I do not cover the screen either. The watch vibrates as I reach the next tee and I record the number putts using the up/down button. All the information is stored on the watch. The issue is when it is transferred to the Sports App. I never had the problem when we used the old Golfer App
  • TimgolfTimgolf Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too have same problem. New sports app is huge downgrade, old golfer app was much better. Right now I would advice every golfer to stay away of Tomtom golfer products.
  • ColherColher Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Same here. @Timgolf, spot on advice! Half the courses I play, they can't even get the stroke index on the holes right and only about 5-10% of my recorded putts transfer to the App.
    I think it is time to step away from the TomTom. Since they also do not seem to care, as is evident by the lack of responses to the outcry of golfer 2 customers, we should not expect a fix any time soon.
    Don't even get me started on the fact that you cannot just play 9 holes without the watch going bonkers.
    Total waste of money!
  • MarttiPMarttiP Posts: 28 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Normal behaviour, putting is so small movement in wrists, watch cannot detect it. It should record the putt if you cover the watch face with your palm after putt.
  • Dave CDave C Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I am recording the putts manually after each hole but these are not shown on my phone but are seen on the watch.
    Got it. Ot looks like TomTom has screwed the sync between watch and phones in some former update. Forum is full of complains about missing or inaccurate results of sync. Last time my sync with phone (android) added two extra shots to results..
    I have been in touch TomTom support and the 2nd level techs are looking at it!! Also have a problem in that we have changed from our winter to summer course but it always selects winter course and takes 5-10 mins to recognise summer course. Beginning to wonder if it was a good buy??
    Basically Golfer would be really handy, the problem is in very unreliable sync implementation that seems to make mistakes/not work most of the time. TomTom should really take a serious attitude to fix this, no the watch is a unreliable and expensive toy.
    I will have to wait and see the outcome from their support team and take it from there. Still lots of guarantee left!
  • PlascochPlascoch Posts: 24 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi I have a Golfer 2se watch. Every time I sync a round to the app on my phone the score is different. The latest today the watch says 96 strokes including putts. When this round is synched to the app it says the score is 56 with only a total of 3 putts. Why does this happen
  • Broonie190487Broonie190487 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have noticed this same problem and it is very frustrating as the app for post game analysis is now completely useless. Not only for the round you try to sync but then your overall analysis/ultimate round etc its all impacted too as you have to just delete the round due to the scores being completely wrong. It seems that any shots manually added i.e. putts etc are ignored and it only scores based on autodetected swings.

This needs to be resolved ASAP ! it has only been since update to v1.2.110
    I have raised a support issue for this problem as it would seem that no action is performed if you raise a question on this forum
  • Broonie190487Broonie190487 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Nice one @Plascoch . there are quite a few "questions" raised now for the same issue so hopefully resolved soon
  • MaruyamaMaruyama Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    This is very frustrating. I deleted the round in my app because it was incorrect. But now I cannot sync this round again from the watch to the app. This is very bad. I wouldnthave bought this watch if I knew these flaws.
  • MikatildaMikatilda Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is there any anwers from support on this case? I have the same problem :-(
    I have raised a request to have this fixed and I get the same reply that it will be fixed but no time line as to when it will be fixed. I have also noted that the problem did not start for me until July, in June the score on the watch was the same on the app when synchronised. It looks like to me that an update installed between the end of June and the beginning of July caused the problem. But as there is no information about software revisions for this watch I can not tell them the revision number that was last good.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,745 Community Manager
    I see references to software build 1.3.110 here and in other forum threads. This guild has a back-end change in regards to the installation of golf courses. Can you check in the Settings of TomTom Sports Connect that you are on the latest build 3.3.8 of Sports Connect and then reinstall all courses to see if this has any effect? Reinstalling all courses on a TomTom Golfer 2 / Golfer 2 SE takes about 10 minutes (the hour mentioned in Sports Connect refers to Golfer 1).
    Hi I have done what you ask and will check tomorrow when I play again. I do not hold out much hope as I believe that the problem exists in the "Sports App" on the smartphone. All of the data is still on the watch but is not transferred to the app when you synch the round to the app. All manually entered putts and manually entered missed stroke detections are not transferred but can be viewed on the watch.
    I played a round on Friday and synched the watch to the app today same problem, 90% of all the manually entered shots / putts are not synchronised with the app. App says I made a European record round of 58 when in fact I did a great 80 only about 4 of the putts were synchronised. On the watch score is 80 on the app 58. I bought the watch in Argos Canterbury but live in France I would have returned the watch for full refund by now if I was still living in England as it is "not fit for purpose". It is impossible to perform meaningful post game analysis on the app when it clearly does not work. I will be returning to England to visit family next week if it is not fixed by then I'll take it back for a refund and buy a Garmin
  • HoughmeisterHoughmeister Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Been having the same problem, it's never really worked properly but has recently got worse, according to the app I've now had several rounds under 60 - I wish! When I raised it with Tomtom support they took it back and replaced under warrantly, however I'm still having the same issues. Have come to the conclusion that TomTom don't really have a clue as this is obviously a firmware / software issue either with the app of the watch firmware.
    Have raised it with support again but I think I'll be taking it back to the retailer and asking for a refund as it's still in warranty but clearly doesn't do what it's advertised to do.
  • MaruyamaMaruyama Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Please fix!!!
  • SinnetSinnet Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem - I can play a round in +6 but the app shows -16
    I'm so tired of TomTom that I'm considering switching to the competitor.
    I can not understand why golfer 2 can not show daily steps etc in the app - TomTom is so far behind compared to others on the market.

Customer service does not exist in any way - never gets a response - besides a standard mail.