Rider 410 is unable to login to MyDrive and doesn't receive traffic updates

Sjoerd72
Sjoerd72 Registered Users Posts: 43
New Seeker
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Hello These,

Since a couple of days my Rider 410 has not been able to receive traffic updates. It might be longer then a couple of days - I noticed it when I got stuck in a major traffic-jam.

My phone (Samsung A3) tells me it is connected and sharing it's internet with my Rider. My rider tells me it is connected with my phone and tells me traffic and speedcam updates are connected. MyDrive however is not connected. When I try to relog it say "Oops, unable to connecto to TomTom services jada jada". My password is correct since i was able to update my rider using myconnect on my laptop.

My phone is not the issue since other devices (I just connected my tablet) work just fine using bluetooth tethering..

I already did a factory reset of my Rider.

Please advice!

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Sjoerd72
    Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • Sjoerd72
    New Seeker
    Will try that although I do not understand what traffic update has to do with a gps fix especially when I'm navigation - I do have a fix then ;). Even.. the rider should be able to log into mydrive gpsfix or not
  • Sjoerd72
    New Seeker
    I managed to test some things out.

My old samsung s3 had no issues whatsoever. When I enable tethering on it the Rider 410 picks it up.

Now. When I connect my samsung A3 to the rider (I factory reset it this morning to make sure I didn't goof with settings. Yehaa.. The A3 connects and the Rider says all 3 services are Activated. Lets take the rider into the fields and lets see what happens.

I attached the rider to my bike - phone connected, still good.. but nope nope nope. MyDrive fails to activate.. What is going on here??

Back home that. I turned on the rider and - ??? MyDrive is activated.. Oke.. The real difference is that indoors my phone is connected to wifi. And yes. As soon as I disable wifi on the A3 bluethooth tethering doesnt seem to work at all although the connected device says everything is oke.. Even other devices, not just the rider.

Repeating this with my samsung S3 - It connects within seconds (wifi is not on, just 4G) and MyDrive too..

What is going here?
    Is this a A3 issue or what or is the A3 just not capable of doing tethering?
  • Ste7ios
    Ste7ios Posts: 759
    Superuser
    It supports tethering but it depends on the provider if you’ll be able to use it or not. They can also manage it remotely by sending configuration data to the device.

You’ve to check it with your provider.

You may try to use the SIM of a known working device.
  • Sjoerd72
    New Seeker
    My old samsung S3 has no problemns whatsoever - same SIM..
    I had the ability to test some other phone this morning at work and none of them had a problem. All those sims are from the same provider (company cellphones). None of those phones are A3 tho..
  • Ste7ios
    Superuser
    See the APN settings...
  • Ste7ios
    Superuser
    And try to tether other devices too...
  • Sjoerd72
    New Seeker
    APN settings it is! :)
    I ask one of the phone-guru's at work. It seemed nothing was set.. After he entered the right settings into the APN it worked.. 1 minute action.. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction
  • JoelS.
    JoelS. Registered Users Posts: 317
    Exalted Navigator
    I saw under account or something on the rider today, it was logged out and had to sign back in on the gps. Just a thought