Can't update to TomTomHOME v. 2.11.1.150 for Mac — TomTom Community

Can't update to TomTomHOME v. 2.11.1.150 for Mac

theoristtheorist Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm have a late-2014 MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.13.4 (i.e., the latest version) and TomTomHOME v. 2.10.3.700. When I open the latter, I'm not able to use the program, because it insists I first install a critical update to 2.11.1.150 (see 2nd attached screenshot). But each time I go through the cycle of installing the new version, it tells me I've successfully updated (see first screenshot), then opens the program and gives me a warning message (2nd screenshot) saying it's not updated. I've gone through several of these cycles, first being told the update was successful, and then being told it needs to be updated. I've tried doing this both with and without my TomTom Home device installed; and I also tried doing it after rebooting my computer. All to no avail.

I've been able to install previous updates without issue, so I don't know why it's not working now. Suggestions?

SAYS UPDATE (TO NEW VERSION) WAS SUCCESSFUL...

b093d57b-c36e-485e-ae59-8f3dccc6a8cc.png

BUT THEN SAYS I NEED TO UPDATE TO NEW VERSION (??!)....

c573c54d-6ae5-484d-8275-adbf94a1dad4.png

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 11,031
    Superuser
    @theorist

If you can, try completely removing your current version of TomTom Home, restarting your computer, then installing a fresh copy TomTomHome from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/home2latest/TomTomHOME2maclatest.dmg

If all else fail contact Customer Services

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • theoristtheorist Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Niall. I have custom configuration settings in my TomTomHOME (e.g., I've set it to update to a map that fits the limited memory of my device). Are these configuration settings stored in a separate preferences file in my user library (e.g., com.tomtom.tomtomhome.plist), such that they won't be lost when I delete the current app?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 11,031
    Superuser
    @theorist

I am not a Mac user so am not sure of how TomTom home is configured :(
    Also you do realise that your XXL550 has been declared "End of Life" so there will be no more map updates, see https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/obsolete-products/
  • theoristtheorist Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sorry for the delayed reply. Deleting the old program and installing the new version did the trick. And my old settings did carry over.
  • Bo HauchBo Hauch Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The answer from Niall worked fine for me.
    But why should we do this every time we update TomTomHome???
    If you have a problem with the installation program, then it would be better to direct us to the download/install procedure in the first place