XXL "LIFETIME" Updates — TomTom Community

XXL "LIFETIME" Updates

G2GUMPG2GUMP Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Apparently my XXL device is now obsolete and can't be updated due to memory restrictions. So much for "LIFETIME UPDATES/MAPS". I use the device only for traveling in a rental car, so this caught me totally off guard when I just tried to update it. Having the option to buy a new unit at a reduced price is wonderful, but not exactly in line with the LIFETIME language provided with the unit when purchased. Has anybody considered a Class Action Suit against TomTom for misrepresentation?

Why would anybody have any confidence with future product life promises with TomTom after this FUBAR event.

I'd love to hear from the company!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    Tomtom has said that those devices with Lifetime maps WILL continue to get map updates.......
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,222
    Superusers
    Hi
    @[email protected]
    [h3]See....[/h3][h3]End of life for TomTom devices with 2GB internal memory[/h3]https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-for-tomtom-devices-with-2gb-internal-memory-1031975/index1.html#post1205620

Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling...
    When you're prompted by the Auto Response System DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information, wait for a live agent to respond

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

ATB YFM
  • G2GUMPG2GUMP Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    When connecting my unit to the desktop app the map update icon is grayed out. Am I to understand that I need to call support to get my unit recognized and get the feature in the app turned back on? I do get a prompt asking me if I want to take advantage of an upgrade offer, but I just want to get the latest maps downloaded.

Thanks!
    Superusers
    Hi
    You should have received an Email/s (Have you changed you Email Address)

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling...
    When you're prompted by the Auto Response System DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information, wait for a live agent to respond

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

ATB YFM
    My e-mail address has not changed, and I have not received an e-mail instructing me how to turn the feature(s) of the TomTom Home app on. Inactive icons are as shown in the below screen shot. I'm unable to update maps on my Lifetime Maps and Traffic XXL unit; when I attempt to do so, I get the pop-up window with this "exclusive replacement offer".

b476a796-aa13-452c-a24b-05b490324b75.jpg
    Called support this AM and the problem was solved. While I can now only fit maps of the USA and lost Canada and Mexico, it's much better than not being able to update the maps at all. Support person was super and I was connected without delay.

[h2]Thanks all for the feedback. PROBLEM SOLVED! [/h2]
    Superusers
    Hi
    Cool, glad you're sorted :relaxed:

ATB YFM