TomTomGo730 locked wont turn on — TomTom Community

TomTomGo730 locked wont turn on

graemefgraemef Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
My TomTom Go 730 had not been updated for a very long time. I logged into Tom Tom Home 2 and updated software as would not continue unless I did. My PC then would no connect to the Tom Tom unit unless it was encrypted with BitLocker - this I had to do to get it to recognise the unit. I have recorded the password and my windows 10 laptop will recognize the unit and open the drive. Now Tom Tom wont turn on and makes symbol of SD card with red x across it n(unit does not have a SD card installed).

I have copied the contents from the drive onto my laptop, so it could be re-uploaded - is there a way to wipe the unit and re-upload whilst removing the bitlocker thing as clearly the unit is too basic to accept this..?

Comments

• graemefgraemef Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    b2a8b5df-0fc4-4bcd-af15-64d602bfa95a.jpgb2a8b5df-0fc4-4bcd-af15-64d602bfa95a.jpg
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,883
    Superuser
    Tried that Niall...removed and updated the software - still the same...when you turn on get the SD card with a cross symbol...any ideas?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,883
    Superuser
    @graemef

Check the serial number, if it starts with "J3" or "J4" you may be out of luck as those 730s have been declared 'EoL' see https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/ which means there will be no more updates :(

"J3">GO 730, 1GB + SD 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2 EoL
    "J4">GO 730, 2GB + SD 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2 Eol
    "J5">GO 730, 4GB + SD 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2
    "JG">GO 730, 4GB + SD 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2

Otherwise contact Customer Services, but do not give the device name until you are speaking to a real agent

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Thanks for the suggestion - just called Bangalore to get some advice and its the Tom tom is too old and needs to be replaced...'here's an offer 25% discount
    ...' (£100 for the cheapest model less spec than my original)...there must be another way to completely delete the content then reload software and maps...etc?