Recently having to redone load app

helendivahelendiva Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
My sports watch is suddenly having problems every day and asks that blue tooth is switched on! It is always on and appears as connected but doesn’t allow me to synch until I rediwnload app. It is getting to be a daily occurrence which given my wrist strap had broken and I had just replaced it for nearly £20 I am getting really annoyed with the tom Tom and would recommend people do not buy them until they fix this problem!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,623 Superusers
    Considering that TT left the industry six months ago, recalled all inventory from the US and laid off the entire Sports Division, I don't think they care if you recommend them or not. They are no longer in the watch business and many of the issues will likely never be resolved.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • helendivahelendiva Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Sorry but that doesn’t wash . In the UK these are for sale everywhere and having no bought one one expects a more responsible attitude from them. Means I would never purchase sat bava or anything else from them as for an expensive piece of kit I expect more from them.
    helendiva wrote:
    Sorry but that doesn’t wash . In the UK these are for sale everywhere and having no bought one one expects a more responsible attitude from them. Means I would never purchase sat bava or anything else from them as for an expensive piece of kit I expect more from them.
    You can certainly expect whatever you want, but I am trying to prepare you for the fact that many of these issues will likely never be fixed. The watches are now legacy devices and they are not going to throw development money after devices they are no longer producing (you see them on sale everywhere as they are clearing out inventory). I am not a big fan of companies announcing they are leaving a market (which assumes a reduction in Support) and continuing to actively sell devices, but I get the reasoning behind it (they are trying to recoup whatever money they can at this point).
    I want to keep this thread alive until Tom tom answers and for other users to get involved . Certainly it is a disgraceful way to deal with customers and if they don’t offer support we should have our money back. I won’t ever buy any of their products again.
    If TT left the industry 6 months ago why do I keep getting promotional emails for them trying to sell their fitness watches? Something stinks here or tfara your information is incorrect.
    helendiva wrote:
    If TT left the industry 6 months ago why do I keep getting promotional emails for them trying to sell their fitness watches? Something stinks here or tfara your information is incorrect.
    Google TomTom and you will see plenty of articles about them leaving the industry from back in November. They are still promoting their goods because they want to sell them. No one said support will be ending, they are just unlikely to develop new features on legacy devices. They will continue to support them with bug fixes as needed and the servers and MySports will remain active, which is all they are required to do. There is no expectation when you buy a device that it is going to change from when you got it out of the box. You got what you paid for and will continue to go forward (putting aside any connectivity and strap issues, which they continue to replace for free). As to waiting for TT to comment, TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (this is a user forum not a support or press forum).
    So how do I get the support for finding out how to fix this then. They need an update pronto. This would have been a simple answer instead of them leaving the business?!
    helendiva wrote:
    So how do I get the support for finding out how to fix this then. They need an update pronto. This would have been a simple answer instead of them leaving the business?!
    Have you called Customer Support? That would be the first step. they can determine if it is a Settings issue, a hardware issue, etc. and go from there.

To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
    Many thanks it still keeps saying turn on blue tooth which is always on and phone and watch say connected but it doesn’t allow me to update phone from watch
    helendiva wrote:
    Many thanks it still keeps saying turn on blue tooth which is always on and phone and watch say connected but it doesn’t allow me to update phone from watch
    Then you need to call Support.