TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Turbo trainer data

bluerunnerbluerunner Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi, I've just used my Runner 3 on a turbo trainer for the first time, just for a 20 min warm up. The data transferred to TomTom Sports shows the HRT info fine, but it says my active time was zero and kcal was only 25! I presume the fact the GPS picked up that I wasn't moving and therefore it didn't consider me to be active for the whole workout. How have others got around this so I can get more data?

The Runner 3 was in 'Cycle' mode. I've also changed the Sports setting so that pauses aren't removed in Cycle mode. What else can I do? Thanks.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,605 Superusers
    bluerunner wrote:
    Hi, I've just used my Runner 3 on a turbo trainer for the first time, just for a 20 min warm up. The data transferred to TomTom Sports shows the HRT info fine, but it says my active time was zero and kcal was only 25! I presume the fact the GPS picked up that I wasn't moving and therefore it didn't consider me to be active for the whole workout. How have others got around this so I can get more data?

The Runner 3 was in 'Cycle' mode. I've also changed the Sports setting so that pauses aren't removed in Cycle mode. What else can I do? Thanks.
    You cannot pair a turbo trainer with the watch so your options are limited. Using it in Cycle mode uses GPS so since it did not detect you moving, there was no pace, therefore no METs and no calories (it does not use HR for calories in cycling mode). If you can attach a speed/cadence sensor to the trainer then you can use Indoor Cycle mode and you will get full metrics (HR still based on METs) or if not, use Indoor Cycle with the bike sensor turned off and it will simply record HR and calories based on HR.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.