Strap problems — TomTom Community

Strap problems

Di DDi D Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Anyone else have a problem with the strap on the watches? Just had to buy another watch due to cracking the screen as the strap does not secure the watch. Fallen off about 6-8 times now, the last time was terminal. :-(

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,789 Superusers
    The strap is covered under warranty. Either use the self-service site in the link below or call Customer support and they will take care of it, they are very good about replacing them. To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen). The best way to avoid damaging the strap is to not take the watch out of the strap when charging. It is designed so that the dock slips between the watch and the band which limits the amount of twisting. Also, when taking it on and off do not yank on the strap, pull it gently to the desired tightness then snap it in place, which puts less stress on rubber.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Di DDi D Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The strap is not broken it just comes undone all the time, purchased a replacement strap incase I had worn the first one out but it still comes undone and now has cracked the screen on the watch when it fell off (which I don't think is covered under warrenty). Just had to but a new watch & the straps are exactly the same. Just seems the strap pops open all the time, perhaps I should be using electrical tape to keep it closed but that seems a bit of a faf.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,789 Superusers
    Di D wrote:
    The strap is not broken it just comes undone all the time, purchased a replacement strap incase I had worn the first one out but it still comes undone and now has cracked the screen on the watch when it fell off (which I don't think is covered under warrenty). Just had to but a new watch & the straps are exactly the same. Just seems the strap pops open all the time, perhaps I should be using electrical tape to keep it closed but that seems a bit of a faf.
    I have not had that problem myself, make sure you do not have it on so tight that it cannot snap in well. Although honestly, the straps are pretty much crap, they need a metal buckle to be fully secure. The glass breakage is not covered under warranty and you can't prove the strap caused it so you are out of luck there. You should never buy a new strap, they replace them for free.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.