Rider 400 stuck updating?

RipGroove
RipGroove Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Plugged my Rider 400 into my PC today to upload some Routes, MyDrive showed that there were several updates that needed doing so I clicked OK. The countdown timer showed 1hr 5mins. So I've come back 2 hours later and the timer now keeps fluctuating at anything between 1hr and 1hr 15mins and the % is going down if anything, it was at 25% about 10mins ago and now it's showing 18%.

What the hell is going on, I assume I can't just unplug the Sat-Nav whilst it's "updating"??!!

Comments

• RipGroove
    Apprentice Seeker
    It's now been stuck on 23% for the past 10 minutes and the timer has been fluctuating between 1hr and 1hr 10mins.

I'm going to have to just unplug it and hope it doesn't get bricked.
  • RipGroove
    Apprentice Seeker
    Well it now seems to be VERY slowly updating, each minute on the countdown timer is actually taking anywhere between 3 & 5 minutes real time??!!

Pretty sure after this mess I'll be selling my Rider 400 and going with a different brand, it's been plugged in now for nearly 4hrs trying to complete a 1hr update, useless.

Oh and MyDrive Connect keeps heavily spiking my CPU usage causing it to run at 70°C for a few minutes at a time??!! What the hell.