HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET ANY SUPPORT OUTSIDE OF BUSINESS HOURS!!!! — TomTom Community

HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET ANY SUPPORT OUTSIDE OF BUSINESS HOURS!!!!

LJ1LJ1 Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map purchasing
I purchased a map that does not show up in mydrive to download.
The only support i've been offered is "contact customer support during business hours".
I have a full time job - their business hours are my business hours so I cant trouble shoot at home with my tomtom during those hours.
The website is a joke and offers no way to contact customer service directly - it just gives answers to questions that arent relevant to my issue.
The only communication I have had is via a FB message and then all they tell me is "contact customer support during business hours".
HOW DO I GET SUPPORT!!!!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,511
    Superusers
    Hi
    @LJ1
    Email....
    Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list
    Click 'Contact us'
    Or click Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB

Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US

ATB YFM
  • LJ1LJ1 Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    no it doesnt - all it does is ask me what product i want support for - and when i go through all of that it just takes me through what i believe are frequently asked questions that offer no solutions.

Considering how many times "the map i purchased isnt showing up in my content" as been queried here - you would think it would warrant a frequently asked question.
    Just to be clear Im trying to get in contact with Australian customer support.
    If i had found an email address or even a "contact us" form to complete on the website - I would not be sending FB messages or posting on forums. All I've been given is a phone number that is no help.

4a598c24-554c-4d18-8c89-39a713d8fd0f.jpg
    this is all I got...0e3042cc-c033-4384-9173-5a5846076136.jpg
    Superusers
    Hi
    @LJ1
    Are you logged in with your A/C details ???

I've just logged in to the OZ site
    Using my PC... iPad... and Phone
    All good
    bf3a0f9e-73b1-470a-a6db-2cca171e2874.png
    Drilled down through the menus and selected 'Device not working properly'
    eb832dfb-c73b-4016-9a42-729545525567.png
    53c0db68-6c9e-423d-9e38-d62d2b96b625.png
    ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Hi
    I've just noticed 'Loyalty offer request' in your screen grab
    I assume you have a EOL (End of life) device
    See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-purchasing-57/tom-tom-map-downloads-1035091/index1.html#post1218198

Tomtom are filtering Phone/Email contacts for the EOL products

For Phone calls....
    We are suggesting....
    If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...
    When calling...
    When prompted by the Auto Response System DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information, wait for a live agent to respond

Email...
    Maybe when drilling down through the menus you do not select an EOL product....
    At least the Email window will open for you to start your request

ATB YFM
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,601
    Superuser
    Hi @LJ1

You have made a purchase, you have the right to an answer for the download or a refund if your device is really end of life.

Direct link to the "Orders for shopping" email support:
    https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4558/p/4260/es/0

I took the Start 52 but it will work for any other device.
    The support department will need your order number and the serial number of your device.

To find your serial number:
    https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9520

Look at the examples at the bottom of the page.

I hope that it will work and that you will have a satisfactory answer for you.

Regards.
    YamFazMan - yes I was logged in and when I drilled down through the products my actual product wasn't listed so I selected the closest.
    I only bought it last year and its still supported with updates and maps.
    The only time I could see the "email us" was when I logged into the UK page (tried NZ as well and there wasn't one). But the submit button wouldn't work. coincidently - my actual product was listed on that site.

@LAURE123 - thanks for the link! nice to know that it exists. I tried but when I hit the continue button it comes up saying "submitting" and nothing changes. I opened up a new tab to see if was listed in "my questions" or "repairs" but it isn't - so I'd say the form isn't working for me. Just for completeness I even tried it on a different browser - same result.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,601
    Superuser
    @LJ1 It's not simple what happens to you. Personally, I don't know how to help you more.

At the beginning of the week, the moderator of the forum will be able to look at your problem.

@VikramK

By naming him as I have just done, he will be warned that he is quoted in this message. He will certainly come and see what happens.

I don't see more, sorry.
    @LAURE123 Thank you for trying to help! You've been more helpful than the tomtom people on FB or twitter.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,284 Moderator
    @LAURE123 Thanks :)

@LJ1, I had a quick look at your account and I see that you have already contacted customer service today to get this sorted.

Sorry for the trouble caused.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 685 [Revered Pioneer]
    @VikramK

Sorry to jump in, but (IMHO) there seems to be TWO Issues here!!

Obviously, the first is very specific to @LJ1 (& you have confirmed that Customer Service is now involved).

However, there is a second issue that I think deserves a wider response:-

Namely, why was it "SO-HARD" for @LJ1 to be able to contact Support via the Links in the "so-called" Customer Support Pages?? He was directed through numerous Pages (including irrelevant "FAQ" Pages), when all he wanted was to be able to go DIRECTLY to an Email Page!

I would add that, previously, I've also been very frustrated at the difficulty at getting to a Email Page - hence I would certainly like to know what/how TomTom proposes to make it MUCH MORE Customer Friendly??
    Superusers
    Hi
    @John-Jay
    Most mid to large sites use the page footer for contact details
    Of course if your not aware of this or never scroll down that far you wouldn't realise its there

I use the Support pages on the Forum almost every day and sometimes I struggle to find FAQs and General Info
    I would think a new user even if he/she found the Support link (Screen to right) or the Support links on the Page Footer they would struggle or feel lost...

I think the multi level Menu structure is to filter the Device model --> What's the Problem --> Can the problem be fixed with an FAQ --> Problem solved...

I guess this is In order to reduce the Phone/Email load on Support Services
    But yes the process is protracted

Also when I first enter the Forum I have no Idea which of the Tomtom International forums I'm using, I have to use one of the Support links and scroll to the page footer for my countries flag, The previous incarnations of the site had the Country of origin flag screen top right on the Home page... As Tomtom use different Model Numbers for the same device in different Sales Areas you need to be on the correct site If you are logged into the wrong site the device you are seeking support for wont be in the list
    That said... When it appears, I think the new 'We think your here' splash screen is Good/Helpful

ATB YFM