Poor Syncing - Now non-existent - TomTom Adventurer — TomTom Community

Poor Syncing - Now non-existent - TomTom Adventurer

thewrongtrousersthewrongtrousers Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I've always had issues with the syncing of the watch with my phone (Huawei P9) but after many attempts (turning Bluetooth on/off, re-pairing etc etc) I've always got it to sync. However for the last week or so the only way I can do this is to connect the watch to the computer.

Any ideas? I have tried reinstalling the app and also factory resetting the watch (numerous times).

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    If you search the forums you will see there is a known issue with the Huawei phones, but I am not sure why it is just impacting you now. Have you applied a firmware update recently?

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/tomtom-runner-3-not-pairing-with-my-huawei-p8-lite-1029835

You will have to sync by computer until it is fixed (if it is at all - TT has left the sports watch market altogether and is not producing any new devices so they may never fix it).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,089 Moderator
    Hi thewrongtrousers,

Welcome to the Community!

We only have issues with the Huawei P8 or P8 Lite phone models which are not pairing with the Spark watches. I would advise you to remove the watch from the Bluetooth devices under settings on your Huawei smartphone and try to re-pair it again. See the public FAQ here about this.

Cheers, lampard
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    lampard wrote:
    Hi thewrongtrousers,

Welcome to the Community!

We only have issues with the Huawei P8 or P8 Lite phone models which are not pairing with the Spark watches. I would advise you to remove the watch from the Bluetooth devices under settings on your Huawei smartphone and try to re-pair it again. See the public FAQ here about this.

Cheers, lampard
    Good to know, I will make a note of this.
  • q345456q345456 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same problem here, but with an iPhone. Sometimes syncs immediately; other times takes numerous attempts over an hour involving turning off Bluetooth and back on; unpairing the watch then re-pairing. Very unsatisfactory.