Malicious USB divice- I had connected was my TomTom GO 920 — TomTom Community

Malicious USB divice- I had connected was my TomTom GO 920

1eddy1eddy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello, when I started up my PC, I received a message from my antivirus program SOPHOS that a malicious usb divice was connected. The only thing I had connected was my TomTom GO 920. Does anyone have any experience with that, and what are the consequences?

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi @1eddy

If your GO 920 was the only USB device connected for me it's a false positive.
    I am a customer like you. I have been using TomTom products and software for years and I trust them security level.

If you have validated the SOPHOS alert, you may not be able to use the TomTom management software and the connection of your device to the PC may be blocked. You must put them in exception or exclusion.

I use Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS), my TomTom devices and software are considered by default as trusted. I do not have an alert. And yet I have to make an exception for the TomTom software otherwise the downloads are blocked.

If you have any doubts, which I can understand, you should contact SOPHOS support.

Regards.
  • 1eddy1eddy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,
    I'm still able to connect my device to the PC.
    But several times the message of Sophos occured: ....malicious usb device.

Scan of my PC by Sophos: no securety problem.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    It's good if everything is functional and the security scan is OK.
    I do not know your security software. When you have the security message, if you do not want to see it anymore, try telling Sophos that the device is "Not a malicious USB device". I can not help you anymore, you have to see with Sophos support how to do it.