Citroen c4 cactus built-in nav system — TomTom Community

Citroen c4 cactus built-in nav system

citroenfancitroenfan Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
This is a brilliant system in the brand new Citroen C4 Cactus. One problem - when you insert the address for navigation, before the system will complete it presents a warning notification - two dense paragraphs of text which you must 'OK' everytime or it will not function. The nav can be done hands free by the voice activation system BUT you still have to touch screen 'OK' before it will work. Does anybody know how to switch this nonsense off?

Comments

• citroenfancitroenfan Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nope. Can't see how either of those links help. I've already scoured the full Guides online. Doesn't mention the page I wrote about. The system I have is up to date - and will be updated during the normal service interval I'm assured. Three local dealers have no clue. One said he hadn't realized it was a problem - and then said you have to touch the screen anyway, obviously not realizing that you don't because you can just tell the system all the details.
  • citroenfancitroenfan Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is the page I'm taking about. Looks like elf' an safety gorn mad:

The navigation is an electronic assistance system. It
    can under no circumstances be a substitute for the
    driver's analysis.
    All guidance instructions must be carefully checked
    by the user. By using the navigation, you are
    agreeing to these terms and conditions: http://
    www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/eula/
  • StefaanEStefaanE Posts: 14 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It's the same (rather obviously) on my C4 Picasso, but also on my stand-alone Garmin satnavs (of which I have three). On my C4, you only have to press OK once, on the first route calculation after system start-up. Subsequent calculations happen without confirmation. On the Garmins, you've got to accept the conditions of use before gaining access to the top-level menu, but the page times out after a while. I guess the idea is to try to protect the satnav suppliers against court cases from users who drive into walls or streams whilst using their devices.