TomTom Rider 550 in USA? — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 550 in USA?

NightShineNightShine Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Well summer's fast approaching, and I was looking to purchase a new GPS before the end of June (2018).

Anyone know TomTom's currently planned release date for their TomTom Rider 550 in the US market?

I remember receiving email announcing preliminary product information some months back, but nothing since then.

Thanks!

Comments

• miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,468
    Superusers
    I don't want to be a black crow but in history, device arrive in USA a long time after in Europe.

Exemple, the last GO professionnal.

Like the 550 have the world maps, you can buy it in an Européan shop but perhaps you can have bad surprises.
  • NightShineNightShine Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Sigh... Too true, mike! I’ve been a TomTom Rider owner since their first such device was available over here. So while I’ve experienced their long product delays to my market, followed then by limited availability...

... I’m still hoping! :-)
  • sbzsbz Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    If you type "Rider 550" into the search box on the TomTom USA or Canada sites (hover over the top of the page area for the search box to appear), you will be taken to a page where the Rider 550 is shown with a price and buttons to select, including a BUY button. On this and subsequent pages, going through the purchase process, the item was listed as "shippable" and "in stock".

I just bought mine and got a confirmation email, but no shipping/tracking yet. But I don't expect that to happen immediately - most online sellers take a day or more to pack and ship. I do hope it happens soon!
    Great! Just ordered one, also awaiting shipment. Thanks for posting! :-)
  • sbzsbz Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mine arrived yesterday. Tuesday to Monday shipping from Texas to Nova Scotia.

But it's raining: 30-40 mm expected today and tonight. I think I'll wait for a test ride, but update, pairing, and setup all went well.
    And mine also came to my doorstep about 5 days ago. Happy, happy, happy, happy! :-)