New style charger with old watch? — TomTom Community

New style charger with old watch?

ert84ert84 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I'm guessing this is a huge no, but is it possible to use a charger made for Runner 2/3 on a now ancient Tom Tom Runner?

Alternatively, are any third party chargers available?

It's very fiddly trying to charge my Runner. I was sent a replacement cable for free (Thanks Tom Tom!) when the first seemed to stop working, but I've had the same problem with the replacement for ages now. I think maybe the plastic stretches over time and the contacts don't meet well enough. Or maybe the contacts are just wearing away too much now (maybe they weren't designed to stand up to sweat for this many years?

Another problem is because the connection is dodgy, sometimes it will randomly disconnect during an update and screw up the watch, so I have to factory reset it.

I'd like to keep using it - I can't afford a new one right now and when I eventually manage to charge it does still keep charge for a decent time. I don't suppose there is a clamp-style charger for this watch on sale anywhere?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,815
    Superusers
    It is a no and a no, the chargers are not interchangeable and there are no third party ones available. Since the Runner has been out of production for a while and TT has left the industry all together I am not sure any new ones are being produced but they appear to be on sale at tomtom.com still. You can also look at eBay or another third party site or try calling Support and seeing if they have one they can send you. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.